Retail Supervisor Needed Just Outside Yosemite
Located on the border of Yosemite
- Evergreen Lodge, California
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 11, 2019)
We are looking for a warm, friendly, person with high standards who really enjoys helping people and providing amazing service. Ideal candidates have been top performers in their previous roles and are excited to help make a place like the Evergreen & Rush Creek even more special and memorable for our guests. Ideal candidates will also have in-person customer service and retail experience. We welcome career-oriented candidates.
The ideal individual is excited to work in a professional yet very genuine way and embraces working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Prior retail experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of organization and safety
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- Excellent money handling skills
- Strong visual/spatial organization skills
- Ability to lift 40lbs + and pushcart weighing up to 300lbs.
- Excited about creating a warm family atmosphere for guests & staff while maintaining high standards
- Independent thinker with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
Key personality traits:
- High integrity
- Guest service oriented and staff-focused
- Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
- Team leader who can keep others motivated
- Mature and personable with a relaxed nature
- Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Dynamic, fun, and likes the outdoors
- Flexible with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Full time position available immediately
- Position can be year-round or seasonal
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights, weekends, and holidays as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
ABOUT EVERGREEN LODGE
The Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite is located on 22 acres bordering Yosemite National Park. The lodge is highly recommended by Fodor's, called a 'Hidden Gem' by Sunset Magazine, and described by Frommer's as "the classic Yosemite experience." Built in 1921, Evergreen Lodge has always featured cabins in the woods, a retail store, an excellent restaurant, and a classic tavern. In 2002, the lodge was purchased and underwent a major expansion and modernization, reopening in 2004 with 48 new guest cabins, guest facilities, recreation programs and both on/off-site staff and manager housing. The lodge again expanded in 2009, adding 24 additional guest cabins (for a total of 90) and completing a variety of facilities and public space upgrades. The expanded Evergreen retains its original warmth, character and personal touch while providing the best all-around lodging and recreational facilities in the Yosemite area. The Evergreen provides great career opportunities for talented staff and managers. Since the lodge has a significant recreational focus, we seek staff and managers who are excited about the outdoors and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
ABOUT RUSH CREEK LODGE
Rush Creek Lodge is the first new resort to join the Yosemite area in decades and is located just 1/2 mile from Yosemite's Highway 120 entrance and 7 miles from the Evergreen Lodge. Set on 20 woodland acres, this hillside 'destination within a destination' boasts a grand main lodge and a mix of 143 lodge rooms, suites and two-bedroom hillside villas, all featuring a deck overlooking nature, the majority with sunset views. Rush Creek also offers a restaurant, tavern, expansive pool area with poolside bar, game room, guest lounge, event space, guided recreation and more. Like Evergreen, Rush Creek provides gracious and friendly service, top quality facilities with both private and communal settings, and a wide array of activities for guests to enjoy their time at the lodge and to explore the Yosemite area. Rush Creek is able to expand the Youth Program, environmental mission, and meaningful approach to hospitality that began at Evergreen Lodge. And like Evergreen, Rush Creek offers both on and off-site housing for staff and managers.
EVERGREEN & RUSH CREEK'S INTERN PROGRAM
In addition to its primary function as tourist Lodges, the Evergreen & Rush Creek run a Youth Employment Program in which 18-24-year-old young adults from urban backgrounds join our staff for a program of career-oriented training and work experience in a healthy, supportive community, coupled with exposure to outdoor and recreational life experiences.
Although providing a great guest experience is our first priority, our Intern Program is central to what we do at both Lodges, and we are proud to run an enterprise with both a business and a social mission. Our Program's success hinges on our ability to find exceptional managers and hourly staff who provide support and mentoring for our interns. Those who are most successful and happy at the Evergreen & Rush Creek are genuinely excited about helping others and feel our Intern Program enriches their job, rather than adding an additional burden to an already challenging operating role.
Evergreen Lodge is also a founding Certified B Corporation, having met rigorous, independent standards of social and environmental performance. Rush Creek has also become a certified B Corporation as well, working like the Evergreen to use business as a force for good.
Both lodges also host an innovative onsite hospitality apprenticeship degree program in partnership with our local community college, providing yet another vehicle for social impact. The combination of hospitality, recreation, culture, idyllic setting, an environmental sensibility and social mission make the lodges very special and unique places.
For more information about the Evergreen, visit our website at www.evergreenlodge.com
For more information about Rush Creek, visit our website at www.rushcreeklodge.com
How to Apply