Join a fun, collaborative team environment & work in your flip flops! Year Round w/ Benefits!
View Magestic Mountains we call the 14ers, Observe wildlife: Elk, bald eagles, big horn sheep
- year round
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $18.00 - $20.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the safety and well-being of the aquatic facility patrons and facilities by preventing and responding to emergencies. Position assists with supervising aquatic staff in the absence of the Aquatics Supervisor. This is a position of significant customer service impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform duties of a lifeguard as required.
- Assist in the leadership of the lifeguard staff/junior guards and oversee the safety of guests in and around the aquatics area.
- Monitor swimmers for safety associated with lifeguard duties, and provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Present professional conduct, appearance, and attitude and maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Perform and lead staff in various daily preventative maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Assist with water balancing, chemical handling, routine pump room maintenance, and safety checks on equipment and play features.
- Complete reports and records assigned by the Aquatic Manager/Aquatic Coordinator, and assist with preparations and cleanup for daily activities and operations.
- Attend and assist with required monthly in-service trainings.
- Organize and assist with pool parties and other aquatic special events.
- Enforce all District policies, pool rules and regulations involving the operation of the pool, promote safety for pool participants, and follow safety directives established by the City,
- County, State, Federal, and Aquatics Supervisor.
- Display the knowledge and ability to perform the Emergency Action Plan.
- Uphold the standards of EVRPD, EVCC and the American Red Cross.
- Patrol pool area and provide general customer service to visitors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Interact with the public in a professional manner and communicate clearly and concisely with others, both orally and in writing.
- Departmental rules concerning the area in which assigned, and Lifeguard philosophies, policies and procedures including teaching methods and techniques.
- Follow safe operational policies and procedures, enforce department policies and procedures, and interpret written instructions and manuals.
- Remain calm in emergency situations.
- Effectively work with little or no supervision.
- Apply life-guarding surveillance and rescue techniques including operation of equipment necessary to perform job functions.
- CPR, First Aid, and emergency medical procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must have 1 or more years of customer service
- Two years of experience as a lifeguard.
- Experience leading individuals or a team in an aquatic environment
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (or equivalent) and AED, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) and Lifeguard Instructor (LGI), or obtain the certifications within 1 year of employment.
- The majority of work is in a busy aquatic setting, exposed to wet/humid conditions, with moderate to loud noise and frequent interruptions.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposed to acceptable levels of chlorine, acid, sodium bicarbonate and calcium chloride.
- Occasionally exposed to paint and cleaning chemicals.
- Work regularly requires sitting, speaking, hearing, and using hands to handle or feel; requires standing, swimming, walking, and reaching with hands and arms, and the ability to bend, balance, stoop, stretch, reach, carry, and grasp objects; and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Work requires near and far vision acuity, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physically able to complete a 300-yard swim and perform all appropriate lifeguard skills.
This position is subject to EVRPD's employment screening requirements including, but not limited to: Criminal, National Sex Offender background check and reference checks.