Work at a local, family owned ski shop in majestic Winter Park, Colorado! Employee Housing Available
A small rustic ski town at the base of a world class resort!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $17.00 - $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Job Title: Ski & Snowboard Rental Tech/Winter Shop Associate
Terms/Schedule: Full time or Part time positions available. Seasonal Positions start Mid November, 2023, through end of April 2024 (respectively).
Pay Rate: $17 - $20 / hour DOE for Full Time
We are looking for someone with either relavant outdoor experience pertaining to the ski industry or a strong retail or customer service background. Please consider when applying!
About us: Epic Mountain Sports is a successful, family run sports shop in the heart of Winter Park, Colorado, focused on great customer service and providing gear of all of life’s Epic adventures! We opened in 2008 and continue our vision to help people love and enjoy this area as much as we do, by way of gear, expertise, patience, and kindness. Our focus and responsibility is to our guests and to our family of employees. Our mission is to provide guests with the highest quality year-round recreational experience and authentically superior service to welcome everyone to our amazing mountain paradise. We are dedicated to providing increased employment and career opportunities for residents of Grand County. We are committed to growth that is cohesive with our community and responsible for our planet.
About the role: The outdoor sports industry is a fun, fast paced work environment that requires tons of guest interaction, unwavering teamwork and the ability to constantly adapt to fluid situations. We work hard, play hard and love where we live! This position will allow for lots of ski time however, Tech’s and Retail Associates MUST be available to work weekends and holidays! This position would report directly to the Rental and Retail Managers and would work side by side with a new seasonal crew as well as a handful of returning employees. There is a certificated skill set required for this roll but we will provide all the necessary training, but the most important requirement of all Epic employees is expectational customer service and providing a guest-centric experience.
- Fitting customers with ski & snowboard rental equipment (Training & certification is provided)
- Greeting customers & sharing information about skiing, snowboarding, x-country, snowshoeing, and Winter Park, the Resort & surrounding areas
- Using the ski rental reservation software to assist customers in making reservations, making changes, checking availability, and assigning equipment in the program, as well as returning rental gear both in the shop and in the computer system
- Basic cleaning and sanitizing of rental equipment, restocking, and replacing items daily and transferring items from drying areas to storage and racking systems
- Assisting customers with retail sales, arranging merchandise, stocking, and engaging with customers.
- Ringing up sales via the POS system including handling cash and credit card transactions, answering phones & responding to email inquires
- Various housekeeping tasks throughout the shared employee areas and retail and rental spaces as part of closing duties
- Assisting with fleet tuning of equipment (training provided)
- Participating in "market research" aka spending time on the hill skiing or riding with friends & coworkers Perks of the Job:
- Paid season pass to Winter Park Ski Resort
- Access to free ski & snowboard equipment all ski season
- Employee team ski days/trips
- Employee discounts on gear & outerwear
- End of season bonus for eligible employees
- Flexible hours & "split shifts" which allow for plenty of skiing & riding during the day
- Fun & relaxed work environment Qualifications/Requirements:
- Education- High school diploma or GED
- Language Skills- In English, the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Prior experience working in a ski shop is a plus but is NOT required, we're happy to train upon hire.
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Lifting and Safety- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs and have the ability to show caution while handling skis/boards in regard to sharp metal objects or other equipment
- Standing and using stairs- Must be able to spend upwards of 8 hours a day on your feet with very little time to sit other than during breaks. Must be able to use stairs multiple times safely and effectively throughout the day.
Employee Housing: Housing may be available for full time employees at a rate of $800/month which includes utilities. The employee housing offered are shared living situations where the employee would get their own bedroom but share a bathroom and kitchen/living space with 1 or 2 other people depending on the unit. Both employee housing units are located in Winter Park or Fraser, and on the Free Bus, so a car is not necessary. ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A SINGLE- Cannot be shared by a couple .
How to Apply
Please email your resume and references, or request an application, to apply - Contact Alexandra - email@example.com
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!