Work at a local, family owned ski shop in majestic Winter Park, Colorado - Plenty of time to ski!
A rustic ski town nestled at the base of a world class ski resort!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $18.00 - $21.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About us: Epic Mountain Sports is a successful, family run sports shop in the heart of Winter Park, Colorado, focused on great customer service and providing gear of all of life’s Epic adventures! We opened in 2008 and continue our vision to help people love and enjoy this area as much as we do, by way of gear, expertise, patience, and kindness. Our focus and responsibility is to our guests and to our family of employees. Our mission is to provide guests with the highest quality year-round recreational experience and authentically superior service to welcome everyone to our amazing mountain paradise. We are dedicated to providing increased employment and career opportunities for residents of Grand County. We are committed to growth that is cohesive with our community and responsible for our planet.
About the role: We are seeking an experienced ski tuner to join our team. This position would work primarily in the tune shop but could fill in hours on the rental floor. Hours can be flexible for this role, and would allow for plenty of ski time throughout the season and potential additional hours could also be added based on volume during the peak times.
- Completing tunes and repairs on both customer and fleet gear.
- Operating and maintaining tuning machines and equipment.
- Performing binding mounts and remounts of alpine and AT bindings on fleet and customer skis.
- Conducting binding tests and setting dins and forward pressure
Perks of the Job:
- Winter Park Resort Ski Pass
- Access to free ski & snowboard equipment all ski season
- Employee discounts on gear & outerwear
- End of season bonus for eligible employees
- Flexible hours & "split shifts" which allow for plenty of skiing & riding during the day
- Fun & relaxed work environment
- 2+ years of ski shop experience
- Prior experience working in a tune shop required
- Education- High school diploma or GED
- Language Skills- In English, the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Lifting and Safety- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs and have the ability to show caution while handling skis/boards in regard to sharp metal objects or other shop equipment.
- Standing and using stairs- Must be able to spend upwards of 8 hours a day on your feet with very little time to sit other than during breaks. Must be able to use stairs multiple times safely and effectively throughout the day.
Employee Housing: Housing may be available for full-time employees at a rate of $800/month which includes utilities. The employee housing offered is shared living situations where the employee would get their own bedroom but share a bathroom and kitchen/living space with 1 or 2 other people depending on the unit. Both employee housing units are located in Winter Park or Fraser, and on the Free Bus, so a car is not necessary.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, or request an application - firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!