Experienced Bike Mechanic wanted to spend the summer in Winter Park, CO - Mtn Bike Capital, USA
Winter Park, CO is a quintessential ski/bike town with rustic charm!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $18.00 - $23.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (May 15, 2023)
About us: Epic Mountain Sports is a successful, family run sports shop in the heart of Winter Park, Colorado, focused on great customer service and providing gear of all of life’s Epic adventures!
We opened in 2008 and continue our vision to help people love and enjoy this area as much as we do, by way of gear, expertise, patience, and kindness. Our focus and responsibility is to our guests and to our family of employees.
Our mission is to provide guests with the highest quality year-round recreational experience and authentically superior service to welcome everyone to our amazing mountain paradise. We are dedicated to providing increased employment and career opportunities for residents of Grand County. We are committed to growth that is cohesive with our community and responsible for our planet.
About the role: As summer quickly approaches, Epic is seeking an EXPERIENCED BIKE MECHANIC as a full-time position to join our team. This position will be responsible for building new bikes, maintaining the fleet of rental bikes, as well as diagnose/tune/repair customer bicycles.
(Employee housing available)
Additional responsibilities include dispatching rental bikes, directing customers to the proper trails, retail sales of other merchandise in the store, and outstanding customer service skills.
Applicant must have solid, prior experience as a bike shop mechanic, love working with their hands, and have a problem-solving attitude. This position also works directly with customers on a daily basis and applicants should be personable and outgoing, take pride in what they do, thrive while working as part of a team and eager to share their passion of biking and the outdoors with anyone who walks through our doors.
- Keep rental fleet in working order, by designing repair schedules and identifying issues as they arise.
- Preform quality tunes, adjustments and repairs to customers equipment according to established guidelines.
- Order all necessary parts for fleet, retail and customer orders.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well organized work shop area.
- Assist with retail sales of all merchandise and learn general knowledge of retail items.
- Knowledge of trail systems for all levels of riders and ability to answer questions about local terrain and community.
- Full time position. MUST be available most weekends!
Pay Rate: $18 - $23 / hour DOE
Prior Management experience may also increase compensation in conjunction with a management role.
Perks of the Job:
- Scheduling can be flexible.
- Employee discounts.
- Trestle Bike Park Summer Season Pass.
- Employee Housing available.
Although this is a seasonal position, beginning in May through end of September, this could easily turn into year-round employment for the right candidate!
- Language Skills- In English, the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Lifting and Safety- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs and have the ability to show caution while handling skis/boards in regard to sharp metal objects or other shop equipment.
- Standing and using stairs- Must be able to spend upwards of 8 hours a day on your feet with very little time to sit other than during breaks. Must be able to use stairs multiple times safely and effectively throughout the day.
If you’re ready to start an EPIC adventure with us, APPLY TODAY!
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
Email email@example.com - Send us your resume or email for an application! Please no phone calls!