Join our expanding culinary team as we develop and prepare locally sourced seasonal culinary menus.
Crested Butte is dubbed Colorado’s last great ski town for its historic charm and soulful spirit.
- Crested Butte, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 17, 2021)
The Lodge & Prep Cook will support the Colorado Culinary team with food preparations, transportation, and meal service throughout Eleven’s entire Colorado footprint. During which, they will have the opportunity to learn about our dynamic and unique resort destinations by Eleven.
This is a summer seasonal position starting in May with short-term housing options available.
- Perform at a high level in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining a respectful, calm composure and fostering a team environment
- Use strong communication skills to maintain clear communications with all culinary and Eleven staff, as well as upholding optimal operational performance
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable with the staff schedule
- Regularly check company email, thoroughly reading all emails and responding in a timely manner
- Become knowledgeable and assist the CO Culinary team as needed in managing food inventory; stocking food inventory based on demand, shopping, receiving orders, submitting vendor invoices, and maintaining monthly inventory audits
- Become knowledgeable and assist CO Culinary team in maintaining a clean, food-safe, and organized kitchen, ensuring all equipment is properly used and cared for while keeping an accurate and up to date inventory record
- Become knowledgeable and systematically execute food preparations and transportation with precision, attention to detail and efficiency
- Professionally interact with guests professionally with confidence to make sure they are having the best possible experience
- Assist CO Culinary team as needed to host special events at all Eleven Colorado properties and off-site
- Be a flexible team player willing to do anything to complete the CO Culinary team goals and guest needs – long hours, switching days off if needed, meeting guest needs and expectations.
- Previous food and beverage service experience of 1 + years
While performing the duties of this job, the Lodge & Prep Cook is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Additionally, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is often required to handle, feel, taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to work a flexible schedule, including opening, swing and/or closing shifts, weekends and holidays. The employee will also work in extreme temperatures, including a walk-in refrigerator/freezer and kitchen line. The employee must be able to work within a loud and noisy environment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.