English Teachers Wanted to Explore Islands and Adventure in Indonesia!
The world is waiting for you
Traveling to Asia has never been easier! We are looking for amazing people to join us in both China and Indonesia. Teach English with EF at one of our kids and teens, adult or online schools while earning a great salary with a competitive benefits package. Meet people from all over the world and enjoy the adventure of a lifetime. Apply now to speak with a recruiter.
We are currently accepting applications to fill positions in 60+ cities across China and 20+ cities across Indonesia!
Jobs in the Spotlight
About EF English First
EF English First is the world's leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions across China and Indonesia, so if you prefer a fast-paced city life like Jakarta or Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we have the position for you.
Join EF, we will support you to start your teaching career while enjoying a life-changing experience in Asia. You don’t need to have any previous teaching experience or speak Chinese or Bahasa to apply.
The Employee Experience
"At EF, we tend to share the same sense of adventure and community. We talk about new places to visit and things to do. Being a teacher is not a desk job. It’s hectic and can be hard work, but also fun. There's something that surprises me every day working in Indonesia that I know I wouldn't find anywhere else."
-EMMA TAYLOR | SENIOR TEACHER, ENGLISH FIRST INDONESIA
"The best part of the job are the students, they will view you with curiosity and bombard you with questions. None of the centers are more than 10 years old and most are usually placed close to a train station. EF is a good company that will suit a lot of people."
-SAM PORTS | TEACHER, BEIJING ADULTS CENTER
-We couldn't say it any better!
We would love to meet you, if you:
- Have a bachelor's degree (any major accepted)
- Want to live abroad for at least one year
- Are adventurous and open-minded
- Have a clear background
- Have a TEFL certification (You don't? Don't worry, we offer free sponsorship)
- Are a passport holder from: the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (due to visa regulations)
Room and Board
China: You will be provided with a free, 2 week hotel stay upon arrival in China, and the ability for a cash advance when locating your apartment. We offer full support when locating your apartment. Many people choose to have a roommate their first year, but if you enjoy the comfort of living alone, studio apartments are available. Apartments are available to suit any lifestyle.
Indonesia: Accommodation or housing allowance will be provided.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive:
- Legal working visa
- Full arrival support
- Full flight reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Paid vacation in addition to public holidays
- Weekly EF sponsored social & cultural events (China only)
- Teacher advantage discounts (China only)
- Free Chinese lessons (China only)
Getting Here and Getting Around
We offer full arrival support including:
- Assistance and guidance in gathering documents for your work visa.
- Airport pickup upon arrival
- Preparing your legal work visa
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks
- Cash advance (if needed) for securing an apartment (China only)
- Housing provided in many locations (Indonesia only)
- Huge teacher support network to make you feel right at home
Main methods of transportation: buses, bikes, metros and taxis
China: The world's oldest continuous civilization continually updating with a fresh modern face. Witness the breathtaking mountains of Zhangjiajie (featured in the movie Avatar), climb the Great Wall, or let your taste buds do the exploring. With so much to do here, there is a reason why we only have a limited amount of positions available.
Indonesia: Over 17,000 Islands to see. From jungles to mountains to beaches to city life, Indonesia has something for everyone. Maybe winter is not your cup of tea, but the warm climate of Indonesia will suit anyone.