Time to make some snow!
Amazing Colorado Mountain Views
- Idaho Springs, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Leverage and expand your knowledge and experience with Echo Mountain! This position requires a range of skills from mechanic and machine operator to snowmaker and all around Mountain Operations expert. With a variety of responsibilities and tasks, and a small team to work with, no two days with Echo will be the same!
The Snowmaker Supervisor is responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and snow creation across the mountain. Our snowmakers are critical to the success of our operations.
Responsibilities (But not limited to)
- Lead the operation of snowmaking equipment for creating manufactured snow from water resources
- Oversee 3-4 other snowmakers during a shift to ensure proper safety and execution of required tasks
- Produce quality snow through the use of air, water, and fan equipment
- Constant relocation of guns and hoses to various areas around the mountain
- Adjusting, turning or moving of snow guns, sometimes by hand, to maintain snowmaking efficiency
- Adjusting the water and or air flow to snow guns
- Changing nozzles on snow guns when necessary to maintain efficiency
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on equipment, including checking water pipes, fluid levels and volume, temperature controls, energy consumption, and diesel fuel systems
- Document and report mechanical/safety issues, complete maintenance logs and checklists
- Perform light maintenance or repairs on equipment
- Shovel snow, remove snow around snowmaking equipment and other areas around the resort as needed
- Maintain all safety barriers, padding, and guards around snowmaking equipment
- Work safely in close proximity to heavy equipment, high voltage, and high water pressures
- Perform other duties as assigned while waiting for optimum snowmaking weather
- Work closely with and assist other departments such as Grooming, Ski Patrol, Lift Operations
- Test the quality of snow as it is made, reporting findings and conditions to the supervisor
- Drive snowmobiles, trucks and ATVs as necessary
- Work evening and night schedules when optimal temperatures provide for the best snowmaking
- Safety responsibility and sensibility to maintain safe environment for yourself, fellow employees and guests
- Ensure that all records required by Echo Mountain and any authorities having jurisdiction are maintained and kept up-to-date including all mechanical and operational procedures, daily maintenance, operational logs, failures and incidents
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants must be able to complete a background check and reference checks. Echo Mountain is a drug free workplace.
We hire the most highly qualified people available and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Season Pass for you and your dependents
- Free & Discounted Lift Tickets @ Other CO Resorts
- 50% off Food & Beverage
- 50% off Rentals
- 50% off Merchandise
Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for all team members. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V/SO
How to Apply
Apply on our website.