Start something great at Echo Mountain as the Mountain Operations Manager.
Ski and board in the trees
- Idaho Springs, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Aug 07, 2019)
Start something great at Echo Mountain. You're someone that goes above and beyond what is required. You like learning new things and overcoming unique challenges. Your passion for skiing / snowboarding can't be contained to the occasional day on the mountain. Join our team and create a legacy. Share your passion!
This position requires excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills across a variety of tasks. You will be hands-on in many aspects of the business and no 2 days will be the same. You motivate those around you and get the job done. You're a quick learner and can lead by example. This position reports to the General Manager and manages other members of the Echo team. It is a year-round, salaried position with a lot of responsibility.
- Manage and oversee daily operations in the Echo Mountain facilities, namely with the Front Desk / Ticket Sales, Kitchen, and Rental Staff, and on the mountain by overseeing Lift Operations
- Ensure company standards are upheld in all facilities and by all employees
- Assist in hiring and training new and existing staff
- Managing and motivating staff to ensure retention and performance
- Assist with employee scheduling and shift management
- Actively respond to customer inquiries by phone, email, social media and in person
- Assist guests with equipment, questions, issues and more
- Respond to guests needs and anticipate their unstated ones
- Actively listen and resolve guests’ complaints
- Ensure and provide flawless, upscale, professional and high class guest service experiences
- Analyze and review customer feedback to provide strategic direction to continuously improve overall rating
- Management of maintenance processes to ensure repairs are carried out as required and facilities are kept in good working condition
- Manage and maintain proper levels of resources throughout the facilities including cleaning supplies and F&B inventory
- Development and management of partnerships including suppliers, schools, leagues, groups, events, and more
- Work with the General Manager and Echo leadership for operational planning and development
- Perform other responsibilities as required, including, but not limited to: ski / snowboard instruction, rental equipment fitting, kitchen assistance, ticket sales, parking lot attendant, lift operator and more
Preferred Bachelors or related experience.
Required 4-10 years: Snow Sports Industry Experience 3 years: Management Experience
Preferred Mechanical & Electrical Knowledge & Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- TIPS Alcohol Training
- AASI ski/snowboard
How to Apply
Apply online. Please include a resume.