East Bay Zoological Society dba Oakland Zoo
Nestled in the rolling hills of 525-acre Knowland Park
- Oakland, California
- $75,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
The Oakland Zoo is a non-profit organization, managed by the East Bay Zoological Society
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs inspections, testing, maintenance, and repair of Lifts, carnival rides, buildings, exhibits, vehicles, and equipment while demonstrating safe operating procedures.
- Assists Maintenance Staff with general troubleshooting, repair, replacement, and installation of mechanical parts that may include establishing vendors and contractors, ordering, and project management.
- Routinely demonstrates superior internal and external customer service.
- Supports the Zoo's mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, safety procedures, and codes of behavior.
- Performs additional duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, and clearly communicate in English
- Possess an active Class C California Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 75 lbs.
- Availability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess training and skills in the safe use of power tools and equipment associated with mechanical and electrical trades.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to bend, twist, stand, kneel, sit, walk, and stoop in foul weather, excessive dust and dirt.
- Must not have a fear of heights.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and repair computerized electrical systems
- Familiarity with operational safety inspection
- Recognition, identification, and correction of unsafe operating conditions
- Proficient in shock prevention, lift emergency procedures/rescue and evacuation
- Measurement and inspection of haul ropes, track ropes, and counterweight cables
- Proficient in complex/high tension rigging, block reeving, heavy lifting scenarios, as well as stand-by and evacuation motors
- Completion of maintenance logs and records
- Understanding of lift physics
- Responding to state inspections and service bulletins
- Adhering to Electrical Code and Tramway Board requirements
- Design and fabrication of parts
- Familiarity with AC and DC Drives/Motors up to 1,000 H P and PLC Control Systems
- Configuration of PMD Display Unit program upload and testing
- Familiarity with drive functions and settings
- Bull Wheel bearing replacement
- Installation. of mechanical upgrades and performance of major repairs on phone systems, communication lines, diesel engines, transformers, heating, lighting, 480V 3 Phase Power Distribution Systems, and 3 Phase generators
- Proficient in time dependent repairs, tower alignment, brake and terminal adjustment, drive interface wiring replacement, and carrier/grip work
- Troubleshooting Pilz System, low voltage hydraulic mechanical systems, lift and aux controls
- Demonstrating dynamic and acceptance test
- Performing advanced rigging and conduit bending, DC Analog and Digital Drive testing
- Programming, maintaining, and upgrading touch screens
- Installation of remote monitoring devices
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and Trade School Certification(s) that include welding
- Applications of Word, Excel, and Macola Processes
- Be over 21 years of age
- Possess at least 2 years of related experience
- Lock-out/Tag-out Procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of ANSI B77 Codes
- Radio Protocol
- MSDS Training
- Confined Space Training
- Hazardous Material handling, storage, and disposal
- Spill Prevention control and countermeasures
- Fall Protection and High Angle Rescue methods
- Rigging/Signals Training
- Extreme heat and open flame safety
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as a exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel fpr this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If you choose to apply via email, please remember to put the title of the position in your subject -- failure to do so may result in your application not being seen/forwarded to the correct party for review.