Work with domesticated wild animals!
Nestled in Teton Valley at the base of the Grand Teton Mountain Range between Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park.
- Teton Valley, Idaho
- $35,000.00 / year
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 10, 2020)
SALARY DOE 32k - 45k. Able to work independently in a physically demanding capacity and with compassion for the wild animal species he/she handles. Has an intrinsic desire to observe wild animal behavior; feels confident being in close personal contact with wild animal species; open to taking direction and learning all facets of animal handling and training. Can ultimately lead to the Position of Animal Director for the right person.
● General Animal Care ● Direct Contact with Animals ● Animal Handling During Photography and Film
General Animal Care
● Maintain animal feeding schedule twice daily. Prepare animal meals according to species and refresh water supply for each enclosure. Check animals before nightfall. ● Maintain animal enclosures clean of feces, urine, etc. ● Identify uncommon animal behavior and report and communicate such behavior to Animal Director. ● Ensure that there is always enough stock of animal food so that the kitchen never runs out. ● Learn how to properly use a tranquilizer gun and capture pole.
Direct Contact with Animals
● Be comfortable entering animal enclosures and moving animals to animal gardens for daily exercise, occasional photography sessions and retreats. ● Learn how to safely and effectively transport animals to different areas of the sanctuary. ● Practice animal psychology techniques to understand the behavior of each species and develop an inner sense of potential animal behavior. ● Handle animals during veterinary check-ups. Be comfortable administering medication and shots to animals.
Animal Handling During Photography and Film
● Train with Animal Director on proper handling techniques for animal photography and filming.
● Accompany Animal Director to onsite and offsite locations for filming.
Requirements and Personal Qualifications
● This job should be a fulfillment of life’s passion ● Natural talent for working with animals (or – this job requires a native aptitude for working with animals) ● Hardworking ● Able to work independently ● Organized ● Willing to work outside in harsh, cold winter climate and out in the hot summer sun ● Able to lift 50 lbs ● Willing and able to take direction ● Humble and honest ● Must have a calm demeanor and be safety conscious ● Alert and proactive when it comes to problem-solving, goal setting and following through with projects ● Ranch maintenance experience helpful ● Willing to volunteer time and go the extra mile to get the job done – willing to do what is needed to make the ranch work ● Desire to be a long-term partner in the ranch ● Flexible schedule depending on needs
How to Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Be sure to visit our website first and make sure your values align with our mission and objectives