ECO Transit Bus Drivers - Summer Seasonal or PT/YR- $26.25/hr, Up to $4000 Bonus & Housing! No exp..
Live, Work and Play!
- Eagle, Colorado
- $26.25 - $29.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Apply online at https://www.eaglecounty.us/jobs/
Hiring Range: $26.25-$29 Hourly (Dependent on transit experience)
The bus operator will perform the full operation of buses to provide transportation to the public in a safe and efficient manner with strong customer service. Must be prepared to work split shifts, weekends, holidays, and a schedule that could include working until 3:30 a.m.
No experience necessary!
Check out this video to learn more about ECO.
Seasonal FT: The position will work a block of work up to 40 hours per week (overtime as available). The summer schedule is from April 16, 2023 to November 25, 2023 (start and end dates may be flexible with prior approval). (Non-CDL training: 4-5 weeks paid, beginning February 27th, Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement: 3 weeks paid training). Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement drivers can begin in April.
Part-time, Year-Round positions also available.
Up to $4000 in Bonuses (That's an extra $4.50 per hour!!):
- $2500 sign-on bonus for candidates with valid CDL Class B, Passenger & Air Brake endorsement CDL OR $1500 sign-on bonus for candidates without a CDL class B, Passenger & Air Brakes. This will be paid out the first paycheck in January following training.
- $1500 end-of-season bonus or a Ski Pass plus the difference in bonus, based on 40 hours per week & prorated based on hours worked for the season.
Limited Employee Housing Available: Lake Creek Apartments in Edwards CO & Gypsum Apartment available. Deposit & Security $250; 1 bedroom, (in a 2 or 3 bedroom unit) with shared common living. $800/month per person, no pets. RV Parking may be available!
For more information, please call Jeff Wetzel at 970-328-3557 or Greg Barrett 970-328-3536.
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of the bus prior to each trip to assure the vehicle is in proper working order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip planning assistance to effectively reach their desired destinations.
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit operations including automated fare box system, computer-aided dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security cameras.
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully compliant – including but not limited to accident and incident reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of transit system operating rules, regulations and routes. Safety practices and procedures related to transit vehicle operation and public safety. Safe and efficient operation of county vehicles. Recognizing potentially hazardous situations in traffic on the roadway.
- Ability to pass required drug and alcohol tests per federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a CDL license including passing a Department of Transportation health screening physical.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instruction in order to operate a bus.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, traffic laws and County policies regarding vehicle operation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of citizens while transporting and performing other duties.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to possible traffic hazards.
- Incumbents are required to sit for extended periods of time and may occasionally be required to use physical ability to assist passengers when necessary.
- Ability to physically assist passengers when necessary.
- Frequent exposure to driving on county roads in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt and grease and moving parts associated with driving a bus.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- CDL permit prior to hire and then class B with passenger endorsement must be obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement - preferred.
- Must have their own transportation; shifts start early / shifts end late.
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the mountains. ‘Your Career will Soar with Eagle County'. Get started with us today!
- Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022? Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness. Check out more awards here.
- Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550 employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All.
- Learning organization focused on professional development opportunities, FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
- Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing, climate change and more.
- As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Benefits for Seasonal Employees:
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition discount program
- Free bus pass
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.