Winter Seasonal Drivers - $23/hour, Up to $4000 Bonus & Employee Housing - No Experience Required!
Live, Work and Play!
- Eagle, Colorado
- $23.00 - $27.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Sep 25, 2022)
The bus operator will perform the full operation of buses to provide transportation to the public in a safe and efficient manner with strong customer service. Must be prepared to work split shifts, weekends, holidays, and a schedule that could include working until 3:30 a.m.
No experience necessary!
Check out this video to learn more about ECO.
Seasonal FT: The position will work a block of work up to 40 hours per week (overtime as available). The winter schedule is from mid-Nov to mid-Apr. (Non-CDL training: 4-5 weeks paid, Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement: 3 weeks paid training). Non-CDL drivers will begin onboarding the week of September 26th. Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement drivers can begin on October 31st or earlier.
Bonuses: $2500 sign-on bonus for candidates with valid CDL Class B, Passenger & Air Brake endorsement CDL and $1500 sign-on bonus for candidates without a CDL class B, Passenger & Air Brakes. This will be paid out the first paycheck in January following training. In addition, $1500 end-of-season bonus or a Ski Pass plus the difference in bonus, based on 40 hours per week & prorated based on hours worked for the season.
Limited Employee Housing Available: Lake Creek Apartments; Edwards CO, Deposit & Security $250; 1 bedroom, (in a 2 bedroom unit) with shared common living. $760/month per person, no pets.
COVID Safety: Vehicles are sanitized each night. Drivers are provided cleaning supplies to sanitize the driver area of the vehicle prior to driving and at the end of the shift. No restrictions on seating/standing capacity currently. All buses have driver shields for the drivers if they choose to use this equipment.
For more information, please call Jeff Wetzel at 970-328-3557 or Greg Barrett 970-328-3536.
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of the bus prior to each trip to assure the vehicle is in proper working order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip planning assistance to effectively reach their desired destinations.
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit operations including automated fare box system, computer-aided dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security cameras.
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully compliant – including but not limited to accident and incident reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of transit system operating rules, regulations and routes. Safety practices and procedures related to transit vehicle operation and public safety. Safe and efficient operation of county vehicles. Recognizing potentially hazardous situations in traffic on the roadway.
- Ability to pass required drug and alcohol tests per federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a CDL license including passing a Department of Transportation health screening physical.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instruction in order to operate a bus.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, traffic laws and County policies regarding vehicle operation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of citizens while transporting and performing other duties.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to possible traffic hazards.
- Incumbents are required to sit for extended periods of time and may occasionally be required to use physical ability to assist passengers when necessary.
- Ability to physically assist passengers when necessary.
- Frequent exposure to driving on county roads in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt and grease and moving parts associated with driving a bus.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- CDL permit prior to hire and then class B with passenger endorsement must be obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement - preferred.
- Must have their own transportation; shifts start early / shifts end late.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Eagle County Government impacts and enriches the lives of our community members by following our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All. With nearly 500 amazing employees, Eagle County is a progressive and values-driven organization located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a small town community are attracted to Eagle County for the amazing lifestyle. Although we are best known for our world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and outdoor activities, it is really the people that make our valley so great!
Benefits for Seasonal Employees:
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition discount program
- Free bus pass
As a certified healthy workplace our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Eagle, CO Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Town of Eagle & Eagle Chamber)
Vail Valley Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Vail Valley Partnership)
How to Apply
Apply directly via the link below.