Curbside Attendant - Eagle County Airport - PT & FT Seasonal - $20+ & $2500 Bonus!
Small town community with world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and outdoor activities
- Eagle, Colorado
- $20.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Salary: $20-$22.50 & Up to $2500 Bonus!
The Curbside Terminal Attendant’s main responsibilities include managing traffic on the terminal curbside loading and unloading luggage up to 60 lbs onto the conveyor belt, providing friendly and professional customer service to guests and vendors and responding to guest concerns. Position involves both indoor/outdoor functions with ability to withstand extended periods of time in cold weather.
Schedule: Schedule can vary, but generally includes 8 to 10 hour shifts between the hours of 6:30am through 8:30pm or until the last scheduled flight arrival. Part-time & Full-time Seasonal positions available.
Bonus: $1500 bonus, paid out on January 28, 2022 & up to $1000 end of season bonus based on attendance and performance.
*Employee Housing is NOT available for this position.
- Greets and assists the traveling public with a professional and cordial demeanor. Acts as liaison between the airport, traveling public, tenants, vendors, ground transportation companies utilizing the terminal facility and reports to management any issues that arise.
- Keeps the traffic flow moving and maintains the terminal curbside free of unattended vehicles, assists the public with parking options.
- Maintains luggage on conveyor belt, making sure luggage is handled appropriately and with care, helps load and unload luggage up to 60 lbs onto and off of the conveyor belt, clears conveyor belt jams when needed.
- Responds to concerns and takes appropriate action to correct issues as they arise by assisting the general public, terminal tenants, and outside governmental agencies (i.e. TSA) by providing accurate information.
- Ensures the terminal, curbside, and parking areas are aesthetically presentable through monitoring of parking lots, set up and/or remove signs as necessary, sweeping and removal of trash and debris.
- Report issues to operations, maintain the lost and found inventory, records and if items were returned or disposed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Heavy lifting experience
- Traffic management skills
- Facility or Parking Security experience
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of passengers while directing traffic and performing other duties
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Follows verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality for security matters.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, tenants, other governmental agencies and departments, community, airport users, and the traveling public.
- Ability to exert up to 60+ pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently; reaching, extending hands in any direction; handling, seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand(s); fingering, picking and pinching with fingers.
- Some heavy lifting of objects up to 70 lbs.
- Flexibility necessary to bend, stoop, kneel or otherwise move around while accomplishing various maintenance tasks.
- Hear normal conversational tones and a wide variety of tones associated with equipment and emergency alerts.
- Willing to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Completion of required training within 30 days of employment
Culture & Benefits
A career with Eagle County Government impacts and enriches the lives of our community members by following our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All. With nearly 500 amazing employees, Eagle County is a progressive and values-driven organization located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a small town community are attracted to Eagle County for the amazing lifestyle. Although we are best known for our world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and outdoor activities, it is really the people that make our valley so great!
Benefits for seasonal employees:
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition discount program
- Free bus pass and more
- Please note, this is an eagle county government position and not eligible for airline discounts
As a certified healthy workplace our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Eagle, CO Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Town of Eagle & Eagle Chamber)
Vail Valley Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Vail Valley Partnership)
Like many desirable communities in Colorado and around the nation, we are currently experiencing a short supply of affordable homes to rent or buy. As an organization we offer employees great benefits to help purchase a home and have a very limited supply of rental units that may be available based on inventory.
Interested candidates are encouraged to research the housing market before applying for a job and/or accepting an offer. Some resources include our Housing & Relocation Information and our Housing Department’s website which includes information about Eagle County’s Down Payment Assistance Program, Rental Assistance and more.