Bus Drivers - Summer Seasonal - $20/hour, Bonus & Employee Housing - No Experience Required
Small town community with world-class skiing, hiking & biking.
- Eagle, Colorado
- $20.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Mar 29, 2021)
Salary: $20-$25.47 Hourly
The bus operator will perform full operation of buses to provide transportation to the public in a safe and efficient manner with strong customer service.
Must be prepared to work split shifts, weekends, holidays, and a schedule that could include working until 3:30 a.m.
No experience necessary!
Check out this video to learn more about ECO.
Schedule: Seasonal schedules available for 40 hours per week, based on operational needs April to November and may have the opportunity to become full-time, year-round after the summer season. (Non CDL: 4 weeks paid training, CDL / with Passenger Endorsement: 3 weeks paid training). Positions may be able to start earlier.
Bonus: $250 after training paid out 30 days after training.
Limited Employee Housing Available: Lake Creek Apartments; Edwards CO, Deposit & Security paid by ECO Transit; 1 bedroom, (in a 2 bedroom unit) with shared common living. $737.50/month per person, no pets.
COVID Safety: Drivers are required to check in with the dispatch center and follow a temperature and symptom check, prior to clocking in. Vehicles are sanitized each night. Drivers are required to sanitize the driver area of the vehicle prior to driving and at the end of shift. Masks are required by drivers whenever they are loading, unloading, and carrying passengers. We are currently regulated to carry only 50% of our seating capacity on our vehicles. All buses have driver shields, and they must be deployed whenever passengers are loading through the front door. For more detailed information, click here.
For more information, please call Jeff Wetzel at 970-328-3557 or Greg Barrett 970-328-3536.
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of bus prior to each trip to assure vehicle is in proper working order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip planning assistance to effectively reach their desired destinations.
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit operations including automated farebox system, computer-aided dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security cameras.
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully compliant – including but not limited to accident and incident reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of transit system operating rules, regulations and routes. Safety practices and procedures related to transit vehicle operation and public safety. Safe and efficient operation of county vehicles. Recognizing potentially hazardous situations in traffic on the roadway.
- Ability to pass required drug and alcohol test per federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a CDL license including passing a Department of Transportation health screening physical.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instruction in order to operate bus.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, traffic laws and County policies regarding vehicle operation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of citizens while transporting and performing other duties.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to possible traffic hazards.
- Incumbent is required to sit for extended periods of time and may occasionally be required to use physical ability to assist passengers when necessary.
- Ability to physically assist passengers when necessary.
- Frequent exposure to driving on county roads in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt and grease and moving parts associated with driving a bus.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- CDL permit prior to hire and then class B with passenger endorsement must be obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement - preferred.
- Must have own transportation; shifts start early / shifts end late.
A career with Eagle County Government impacts and enriches the lives of our community members by following our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All. With nearly 500 amazing employees, Eagle County is a progressive and values-driven organization located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a small-town community are attracted to Eagle County for the amazing lifestyle. Although we are best known for our world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and outdoor activities, it is really the people that make our valley so great!
Benefits for seasonal employees:
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition discount program
- Free bus pass
- Discounted gym memberships and more
As a certified healthy workplace our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Eagle, CO Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Town of Eagle & Eagle Chamber)
Vail Valley Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Vail Valley Partnership)
How to Apply
Please click APPLY NOW to apply online