Work and Play in Majestic Denali this Summer!
Alaska provides the happy memories that last a lifetime.
- $1,100.00 / week
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Oversee, direct, and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Denali Park Salmon Bake.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving and building maintenance.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Count money and make bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories and keep inventory records.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Plan menus and food utilization, based on the anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Assess staffing needs and recruit staff.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs and assign prices to menu items.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Monitor employee and guest activities to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
- Develop, plan, and implement restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in dining facilities.
- Establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments, based on accepted industry standards.
- Take dining reservations.
Tools & Technology
- Cash registers
- Laser printers
- Notebook computers
- Personal computers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Accounting software
- Analytical or scientific software
- Calendar and scheduling software
- Communications server software
- Database user interface and query software
- Desktop publishing software
- Email (Microsoft Outlook)
- Financial analysis software
- Graphics or photo imaging software
- Inventory management software
- Office suite software (Microsoft)
- Point-of-sale software
- Presentation software
- Project management software
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
How to Apply
Please email resume.