Incredible Summer Job with high wages in Denali, Alaska!
DogGoneIt is located on the edge of Denali National Park.
- Cantwell, Alaska
- $60.00 / trip + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 10, 2022)
Spend the summer in the heart of the Alaska Range on the outskirts of Denali National Park caring for sled dogs and presenting about the Iditarod Race to summer visitors.
Come join us as we present our life in Alaska raising sled dogs and racing in the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. DogGoneIt is an award winning tour facility. We welcome thousands of guests to our home and kennel for a presentation about what it is like to live in Alaska and what is involved in caring for, training, and racing sled dogs.
- Live in Alaska while earning competitive wages
- Awesome bonus compensation for contract completion
- Share tips from the tip pool
- Enjoy local tours either for free or at a reduced rate
- The best employee housing in Denali
Primary duty is to assist in the care of our dogs and facilitate a safe and enjoyable tour experience for our guests. We offer kennel tours two to four times a day. As part of this position, you will be responsible for feeding and caring for our dogs, visiting with guests and ensuring they have a safe experience, and completing cleaning and retail maintenance to prepare for tours. Qualified guides will be capable of giving a 20-30 minute presentation to guests.
Our ideal candidates are outgoing, flexible, and committed to guest satisfaction. Here are some characteristics that help our staff deliver an incredible experience to our guests:
- A cheerful, outgoing personality
- Safety awareness
- Initiative and ability to work with little supervision
- A strong work ethic
- A positive attitude
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
DogGoneIt is located on the edge of Denali National Park. There are endless opportunities for hiking and exploring. At the park entrance there are numerous gift shops and restaurants. There are also other tour facilities including white water rafting, fly fishing, ziplining, and flightseeing. Handler interns have the opportunity to try these other tours either free or at an employee rate.
- Guides will work between 2 and 3 tours a day, depending on our schedule and the tour size. Guides will have 1-2 scheduled day off a week. The days are long, but the jobs are fun.
- Housing is in a private room in a private cabin. The cabin is a finished home, but there is no running water. The shower and laundry facilities are attached to our home. We have a staff of 3 guides who share the cabin and bathroom facilities.
- For compensation, guides are paid $60 per tour, which averages out to between $15 to $17/hour. Guides will typically work at least 2 tours per day, 5-6 days a week. Employees are part of our tip pool. Employees receive a season ending bonus for completing their contract. Rent is $75/week and is deducted from your paycheck.
Guides must be able to commit from May 10th -September 20th.
Covid-19 vaccination and booster required.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume with references, and a letter of recommendation to email@example.com