Seeking team members with a passion for the outdoors at Wuksachi Lodge!
Discover the great outdoors and breathtaking scenery at Sequoia National Park!
- year round
- SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK, California
- $16.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a full-time Houseperson to join our team at Wuksachi Lodge in Sequoia National Park, California. As a Houseperson, you will join our Housekeeping team and work to ensure the property is kept organized, sanitized, and up to company standards.
Minimum pay rate: $16.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
We offer great perks for our eligible Wuksachi Lodge associates:
• Full time benefits available
• Low-Cost Employee Housing.
• FREE shift meal.
At Delaware North, we care about our associates’ professional and personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee assistance program, training and development, employee discounts, and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition reimbursement are available for eligible associates.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, local law.
- Service, clean, or supply restrooms.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors and steam clean or shampoo carpets.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Drive vans, industrial trucks, or other vehicles required to travel to or to perform cleaning work.
- Remove dirty linens from guest rooms and transport to the laundry room.
- Transport clean linens to housekeeping carts and storage closets. Keep closets stocked, clean and organized.
- Deliver cribs, rollaways, additional amenities and any other item as requested.
- Ability to provide excellent guest service.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year working in hospitality industry preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift/climbing of stairs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying.
- Environment may result in exposure to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Who We Are
Sequoia National park offers an opportunity to see the giant Redwoods that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The work itself is exciting, and there are a lot of career opportunities for advancement and opportunities to transfer to other Delaware North properties located at the state and national parks across the country. We offer on-site housing and discounts on food, beverage, and retail. Shuttle service to town is provided.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply on our career site!