Come Be A Part of Our New Multi-million Dollar Restaurant In Kings Canyon National Park!!!
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park, California
- $12.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 5 months (May 01, 2018)
Our Exciting Work Environment
Located next to Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon Park is composed of two distinct areas – Grant Grove (home to the General Grant tree, also known as "the Nation's Christmas Tree") and Cedar Grove. Grant Grove visitors snap photos and marvel at the sheer size of the sequoia grove. Kings Canyon is also home to Redwood Canyon, the largest remaining grove of sequoia trees in the world.
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures and NPS Guidelines.
• Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or industry standards and experience.
• Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or industry standards, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
• Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
• Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
• Keep records and accounts.
• Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
• Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
• Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
• Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
• Ability to use a digital thermometer.
• Any other duties as assigned
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Preferred Experience: 1 plus years of experience in food establishment
Certifications & Licenses: California Food Handlers Card (Will need to have within 2 weeks of starting)
· LIFTING: 50 lbs
· STANDING: CONSTANT
· SITTING: RARE
· REACH ABOVE SHOULDERS: FREQUENT
· STOOPING: FREQUENT
· CARRYING: FREQUENT
· WALKING: FREQUENT
· BENDING: FREQUENT
Conditions of Employment
All applicants may be subject to pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Why Work for Us
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At awe-inspiring and action-packed locations around the world, we create memorable experiences for millions of guests each year. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
Share our vision, grow with us, pave your Path.
Are you ready to bring your career to life?
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Its portfolio includes high-profile venues ranging from sports stadiums, entertainment complexes, national parks, restaurants, airports, and some of the top regional casinos in the country. The company also owns a selection of award-winning destination resorts, as well as a series of premium restaurants and catering services that are leaders in the industry. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates serving half a billion guests in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
How to Apply
Apply at www.visitsequoia.com/jobs or email email@example.com