Lead The Starbucks Team working near the Grand Canyon South Rim - Interviewing Now!
Be near one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World!
- Tusayan, Arizona
- Some experience required
Delaware North is all about the experience of living in one of the natural wonders of the world! We are excited you are considering employment with us. Delaware North operates the only Starbucks in the small town of Tusayan, just one mile from the south entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. We are excited to be operating the brand new Starbucks operation in Tusayan, AZ. If you can commit to the highest level of service and to exceeding our guests’ expectations, please apply to help us "create special experiences one guest at a time”.
>> Low-cost Housing and full benefits included ! <<
Under the general direction of the Manager, the Starbucks Supervisor oversees store operations and provides direction to associates. This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
All duties are in accordance with GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Supervises associates; completes store operational needs including opening and closing duties and by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Trains and coaches to GuestPath Universal Service, Operational standards, Starbucks and Delaware North company policies and procedures.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in a customer service and/or retail environment preferred
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds (files, office supplies, etc)
- Constant standing, lifting, climbing stairs and repetitive motions
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Manual dexterity sufficient for cash handling and typing duties
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish currency and reports
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Office environment
- Ability to work outside in all conditions
Unit Name: Tusayan Starbucks
Reports to: Tusayan Starbucks Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Shift/Hours: Flexible (Nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed)
How to Apply
Please click APPLY NOW to view details and a link to our online application - call Claudia to schedule a phone interview!