Find Yourself Here - Shenandoah in all its glory
Just over an hour’s drive from Washington, DC, beautiful Shenandoah National Park overlooks the lush Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Locations include: Skyland, Big Meadows Lodge, Elkwallow, Loft Mountain, Lewis Mountain, Big Meadows Wayside and Luray offices. Lodging, Retail, Food & Beverage operations.
About Delaware North @ Shenandoah National Park
Do you love hiking, backpacking, camping, wildflowers and wildlife? Then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
The 2018 season offers plenty of opportunities for you to join us and experience Shenandoah from the inside - and outside! We encourage you to apply today.
The sky’s the limit.
Spring, Summer and Fall … you belong at Shenandoah National Park!
Along the 105 mile Skyline Drive, which runs through the park from Front Royal, VA to Waynesboro, VA, there are lodges, dining facilities, craft and gift shops, camp stores, gas stations and stables, along with 75 overlooks. We are seeking friendly, hospitable people who can create special experiences for our guests and visitors.
If you are looking for a great job, where you will make friends with people from all over the world, while making and saving money, then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
- Shenandoah National Park encompasses part of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the state of Virginia.
- We are your escape to recreation. Cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows—it’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. It’s 200,000 acres of protected lands.
- It’s home to many wildlife including over 50 different types of mammal's, 32 fish species, 200 bird species, 26 reptile species, and 24 types of amphibians.
- Our highest peak is 4,010 feet at Stoney Man Mountain
- We have over 1,400 types of plants throughout the park
- Breathtaking views in every direction.
- Skyline Drive noted as one of the top 10 most beautiful drives in the world.
The Employee Experience
We have 4 beautiful seasons in the Park. Skyline drive is open, weather permitting, year around.
FOR THE 2018 SEASON, WE HAVE NEWLY DECORATED DORMS & INCREASED WAGES!
We normally open Skyland Lodge in March—followed by the other properties—through the first of May.
We typically remain open for most properties through the first of November. Our Skyland Lodge and Wayside with the gas station—stay open through the first of December.
Room and Board
Affordable dormitory style with shared bath. Includes free bed and bath linens and free laundry. Limited amount of housing is available, so apply early. Children and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
We have a special employee meal program that is very reasonably priced.
- Associates that live more than 45 miles from the Park can stay in our Dorms.
- The dorms are located at Skyland and Big Meadows Lodge and Loft Mountain.
- The rent is $25.00 per week. You can pay for housekeeping for an additional $10 per week.
- A typical dorm houses between 2 and 4 associates. Each person is equipped with towels, washcloths, sheets and blankets, microwave & refrigerator. There are laundry facilities on-site. We also have a 'common' area with a full size refrigerator and stove.
- Wi-Fi is available in the common areas and meals are available at discounted rates.
- There is a fire pit available in the dorm areas and associates can participate in all of the events and activities available to guests at the Resort.
- Some examples include: Horseback riding, self-guided hiking tours, rock climbing and repelling programs, ranger programs.
- We have approximately 320 associates that work throughout the 105 mile long Skyline Drive and in Luray, VA.
- Working in a National Park is an amazing experience.
- You meet and service guests from all over the world—as well as
- fellow co-workers.
- You will get to experience wildlife like no other place.
- The views of your workplace are some of the most spectacular views around.
- You receive discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
- Delaware North Co operates Parks throughout the USA. Visit our website at www.DelawareNorth.com for more information.
Getting Here and Getting Around
The closest airport is Washington Dulles. The closest bus station is Charlottesville, VA. The closest Amtrak station is in Culpeper, VA.
Transportation Options while in the Park:
- Your own vehicle is permitted in the Park
- Rideshare with friends & co-workers
- We have an employee shuttle that makes several daily runs to Luray
- Taxi services - Luray VA
- Scheduled trips to the different locations daily
- Your work location is walking distance from the dorm area
For FunActivities around the Park
- Shopping – several town malls and shopping stores in close vicinity: Luray, Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Front Royal and Winchester.
- Zoo’s in Luray, at the Smithsonian in Washington DC and at The Natural Bridge Zoo
- Theme Parks of all kinds. Massanutten Water park, Kings Dominion, Six Flags and Busch Gardens.
- Zipline tours across the mountain in Luray Va
- Golfing—several courses in Luray, Harrisonburg and Front Royal.
- Canoeing & tubing in Luray and Front Royal
- Caverns in Luray and surrounding cities
- Washington D.C (Our Nations Capital—only 75 miles from the Park)
- Beaches –Virginia Beach is only 183 miles from the Park.
JOBS AVAILABLE FOR SPRING AND SUMMER OF 2018
How to Apply
Please have your application/work history and reference information on hand to help you complete the on-line application easily and efficiently. This will expedite the process and allow our office to receive your application immediately. Click APPLY HERE to see job descriptions and connect to the on-line application.
Delaware North Company - Shenandoah National Park
26 N Broad Street
Luray, VA 22835
Phone: 540.843.2117 FAX: 540.743.7883