Employee housing, free meals, and discounts - join our team at Shenandoah National Park!
Live and work at Big Meadows Lodge in Shenandoah National Park!
- $17.50 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring seasonal Kitchen Supervisors to join our team at Big Meadows Lodge in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. Our ideal Kitchen Supervisor is an experienced Cook who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and takes pride in delivering high-quality service and food to guests.
Minimum pay rate: $17.50 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
We care about our team member’s personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, local law.
- Create weekly dining room menus from personal or established recipes.
- Supervise food prep work while maintaining food quality, presentation and sanitation standards.
- Verify that all portion sizes, recipes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen associates.
- Supervise all associates with cleaning and food production in their area.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is in full working order.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of walk-ins and freezers at all times.
- Actively maintain food cost within parameters set by culinary leadership.
- Effectively supervise proper breakdown, rotation, labeling, dating, and storage of food.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according to proper guidelines.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- At least 2 years' experience as a Line Cook, Lead Line Cook, or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity is sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip, etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently carrying 30 lbs.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of the shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the waist, bending, and squatting.
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and brooms.
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply on our career site!