Seeking team members to work at Shenandoah National Park - employee housing and free meals!
Live and work at Big Meadows Lodge in Shenandoah National Park!
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring seasonal Security Officers to join our team at Big Meadows Lodge in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As a Security Officer, you will ensure a safe and secure environment for our guests and associates.
Minimum pay rate: $15.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
We care about our team member’s personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, local law.
- Pedestrian and mobile patrol of facilities.
- Responsible for the protection and safety of company assets, patrons, and associates.
- Enforces and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enforce all departmental and organizational policies and procedures and report incidents.
- Observe and report procedural violations and illegal activity.
- Fill out departmental log forms, verifies all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift.
- Assists with fires, wind storms, floods, blizzards, evacuations, and other emergencies as directed.
- If off-duty and not on-call, must be able to check in with Security management once you learn of an incident or condition.
- Provides security for special functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to control difficult situations and maintain customer goodwill.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Requires the ability to see, hear, walk, run, sit, squat, bend, reach and grasp objects throughout the shift in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs.
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply on our career site!