Cool off in Wyoming with this hot job! Free Housing in Yellowstone National Park!
Trails, waterfalls, animals, thermal features, and great people - welcome home!
- $11.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks & Resorts is searching for experienced Cooks to join our team for the 2021 season at Yellowstone General Stores in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
We are seeking candidates with a passion for the outdoors and guest service that enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We have FREE housing either in dorm-style housing or RV Sites. We also offer an employee meal program, store discounts, and recreational activities for our associates. Pay for this position starts at $11.00/hour.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained, completes temperature log as schedule requires, and ensures food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as instructed and according to proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Completes end-of-day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Six months experience in a back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip, etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms.
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
In response to COVID-19, we've developed Delaware North's Commitment to Care program. The program is a reengineering of our operating procedures and meant to minimize contact risk and bolster hygiene protocols to exceed best-practice guidelines of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Learn more: https://careers.delawarenorth.com/commitment-to-care
How to Apply
Complete our online application in under 5 minutes!