ALASKA! Work & play at Denali Park Hotel! Experienced Front Desk Assistant Needed!
10 scenic miles from Denali National Park surrounded by mountains, moose and amazing hiking!
- Healy, Alaska
- $17.00 - $19.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (May 23, 2023)
Denali Park Hotel: We are a somewhat remote, privately owned and operated motel style property located near Denali National Park in Healy, Alaska. There are plenty of fun things to see and do right in our area or within a 10 mile radius. We have grocery and convenient stores within a mile. Three of the best restaurants in the area also within one to three miles and a coffee shop, too. Beautiful Otto Lake is just a 1/4 mile down the road where you can fish, swim and picnic. We also have a blow-up kayak for staff use. For the golfer, you will be one mile from a course that offers discounts to our staff. Lots of amazing hiking, river-rafting and a zip-line are just a few other activities available in the area. Seasonal property open mid May through mid September.
Single occupancy housing for the cost of a Latte' - just $5 a night! Free Laundry, Utilities, WiFi!
Share three bathrooms and kitchen with a small staff approximately ten employees.
*We are looking to hire a team player that is a healthy, fit, mature and responsible experienced front desk person.
*We are not a "Party Place" and we do have staff that are not of drinking age so we practice a zero tolerance to drinking in or around guests and other staff and excessive drinking of any kind. Drugs are prohibited and grounds for immediate termination.
Front Desk Job Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Ascertain guest lodging needs.
- Assist guests and owners in a friendly, proactive, and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Become knowledgeable with all essential aspects of our hotel operations.
- Register guests and manage our reservation system.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, or charge payments from customers and able to make change for cash customers.
- Verify credit acceptance by reviewing driver’s license and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Balance cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of each work shift.
- Monitor lobby and check-in activity to determine room flow.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Works collaboratively with any hotel associates and resources.
- Answer phones
- Work closely with housekeeping staff; monitoring, prioritizing and inspecting rooms and annotating daily operations into our reservation system
- Monitor/annotate all daily reservations, check-in’s/check-out’s, special requests/notes
- Print daily reports
- Keep lobby/office clean, tidy, dusted, vacuumed
- Keep snack bar clean and stocked
- Keep guest restroom clean and stocked
- Other similar duties as assigned
- In the absence of the GM work with staff providing guidance and assistance
- Work closely with and report directly to the GM all daily operations
- Inspect Guest rooms
- Perform credit card authorizations
- Communicate with GM all staff and customer service issues
- Smoothly and expeditiously resolve customer complaints
- Ensure guests have a smooth stay
- Review daily arrivals/departures/folios
- Become informed and familiar with surrounding area, activities, restaurants, etc.
- Keep an ongoing list of supplies needed
- Must be willing and able to perform Housekeeping/Laundry duties when and as needed and able to perform any/all other duties as needed
*Work hours and time off will vary based on occupancy and need. Typically you will work 35-40 h0urs each week with one or two off days.
Qualifications / Skills: In addition to above Front Desk:
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Prompt and timely
- Neat, clean and sober
- Calm, Cool, Positive Attitude
- Ability to work diplomatically with others
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or higher
- Prior hotel experience and/or customer service experience required.
- Familiarity with MAC computer, telephone, office, and point-of-sale software preferred
- Valid Drivers License
*Knowledge of Mac computers and reservation software is very helpful. Front desk or Hospitality experience is required. If you are an eager, fast learner and computer literate this just might be the position for you!
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and photo to email@example.com and call 907-683-1800. If you reach voicemail leave a message and your call will be returned.