CDL Driver Guide in the Denali Nat'l Park area! $24/hour plus Single Room Housing!
Work in the Denali National Park area!
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (May 12, 2023)
If there is one thing that’s true for Alaska, it’s that it attracts those who desire a life on the road. Lucky for you, our company needs a person just like that!
We are looking for good-spirited, safe, and knowledgeable CDL drivers to transport our guests, all while priming them for the adventure they are about to experience! We believe our tour starts with the first person our guests meet – that’s the Denali ATV Adventures Driver Guide. Your daily office is the beautiful drive on the Parks Highway that winds through a canyon carved by the mighty Nenana River and is flanked by the Alaska Range and Denali National Park. This position requires a focus on timing, adapting to pick-up changes, and last-minute adjustments, all while entertaining and engaging guests. Don’t forget to get our guests home with humor, excellent customer service, and a memorable smile! If you want to experience Denali from behind the wheel and with your feet on the ground, be sure to apply.
Pay is DOE - $24 per hour wage ($22 hourly base + $2 end-of-season bonus) + TIPS (tips will add around $6-10/hour!)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ability to drive safely and responsibly for 8 hours a day, with the majority of the time spent with guests. The foundation of our business is providing an experience where safety is prioritized.
- Transport guests to and from our ATV site and their pickup locations.
- Make sure all guests listed on the manifest are accounted for and on the bus. If there are changes, quickly and effectively communicate the updates.
- Be in constant communication with Tour Reps and Tour Managers via phone and text.
- Knowledge about our tours and the trail area is crucial to your performance. Guests will ask questions, so your understanding of our product and the area is a necessity.
- Required to perform walk-around and pre-trip inspection sheet.
- Required to clean the inside and outside of your shuttle during and at the end of your shift.
- It will be your responsibility to monitor and maintain your fuel level and report any maintenance concerns to the mechanics.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to collecting Participation agreements and paperwork, transporting staff, courier duties, and light tour sales.
- Positive attitude while working in ALL weather conditions and with all personalities.
- Strong communication skills and even better people skills.
- Ability to think calmly and critically in high-stress situations.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work a mix of morning and evening tours.
- Must be willing and able to assist in maintenance as needed.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement.
- Clean driving history and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- iPhone literacy.
- Desire to live and enjoy a relatively remote area of Alaska for about 4.5 months.
More info about the job, employee experience, room and board, and employee perks can be found here.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.