Come work in Denali with Denali ATV Adventures this summer! Only 2 positions left!
Work in the Denali National Park area!
- Denali National Park / Healy, Alaska
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (May 11, 2020)
For more than 10 years, Denali ATV has injected fuel-driven thrills alongside those of the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness through guided ATV tours. As a local, family owned and operated small business, we want our employees and guests to feel like family as well. Exceptional customer service, passion for our environment, and care for each other define us. The Denali ATV Tour Office is steps away from the main entrance of Denali National Park and tours depart just 10 miles north, in Healy. Our season is short and extreme! ATV tours depart every day, all day, in all weather, mid-May to Mid-September. Denali ATV is part of the Denali Park Adventures tour family.
Now Hiring a Tour Representative
Have you ever wanted to live in a place where other people go on vacation - a place checkered by interesting personalities all searching for adventure? Denali is that place, and Denali ATV Adventures provides an amazing way to experience and make money in this once-in-a lifetime destination.
We are looking for high energy, amicable, and self-motivated staff to work in our Tour Offices in the heart of the Denali National Park area. Built-in incentives and bonuses make for a workplace where the highly motivated can flourish. tailored for organized minds who thrive in a close group of co-workers
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Establish a warm and friendly relationship with guests in person, on the phone, or via e-mail. You will be required to actively engage with local foot-traffic.
- Manage reservations through an online reservation system and conduct retail sales including the management of cash, credit cards, and POS system.
- Work with independent travel agents, cruise lines, and online booking companies to complete third-party reservations.
- Be knowledgeable of all aspects of the ATV tours to assist customers in booking tours and properly answer all customer inquiries.
- Help prepare guests for their tour by ensuring all guests meet participant requirements and tactfully handle situations where guests do not meet requirements.
- Solve problems that invariably arise with logistics, tour coordination, large group booking, rescheduling, and customer service issues.
- Effectively communicate with Shuttle Drivers and Tour Managers to convey reservation changes and address any additional needs of the guests.
- Review reservations and tour manifests for accuracy.
- Work as a team with other Tour Representatives.
- Assist with facility upkeep and maintenance including cleaning and organizing.
- You may be required to help transport guests to the tour launch location. This means being able to engage with people outside of the office setting.
- The workday starts at 6:45am and goes to 9:30pm or later during peak season.
- In order to stay current on the actual tour experience, routine participation on ATV tours is required.
- High school degree or equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
- Position uses company vehicles, so clean driving history and motor vehicle record is needed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to establish warm and friendly relationships with guests.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and previous cash register/POS experience.
- Always maintain professional appearance and represent the company in a positive way.
- The ability to work well under stress and adapt quickly to changes.
- Must be able to stand for 6 to 8 hours a day in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in a small group, small office setting.
Hourly wages plus sales bonuses. Currently 2 ATV Tour Representative positions available.