Join our team; an exciting opportunity to work amidst Yosemite's stunning landscapes!
Join us at Yosemite: where adventure meets natural beauty!
- year round
- $16.00 - $18.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring full-time or part-time Prep Cooks to join our team at Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite in Fish Camp, California. You will never get bored coordinating multiple orders on demand in this fast-paced environment. If you are ready to showcase your precision and attention to detail in a supportive and collaborative environment, apply now.
$16.00 - $18.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
Life at Tenaya at Yosemite
Embark on a thrilling journey at Tenaya Lodge! Nestled near Yosemite National Park's entrance, our mountain resort promises a year-round playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Join our global team in an awe-inspiring location that inspires every day.
- Low-cost transitional housing for up to 90 days for $50/ week (subject to availability)
- Close proximity to outdoor attractions including Yosemite National Park, Bass Lake, Sierra National Forest
- Opportunity for outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, biking, rock climbing, camping, horseback riding, and much more!
Perks at Tenaya at Yosemite
- Health, dental, and vision insurance*
- 401k with company match*
- Paid vacation days and holidays*
- Paid parental bonding leave*
- Tuition or professional certification reimbursement*
- Weekly pay
- Free shift meal in our employee dining room
- Commuter bonus - $10/day for 35+ miles and $20/day for 50+ miles
- Employee discounts - 20% off food and beverage and 30% off retail
- Referral bonus – earn $200 for each eligible referral
- Training and development with opportunities for internal mobility and growth including the chance to work at our other locations nationwide
*Available for full-time, year-round team members
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit operations, complying with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures, and label, date and wrap food products in accordance with ServSafe procedures
- Communicate with chef for any instructions or training
- Uphold all health codes and sanitation regulations and follow all safety, security and kitchen procedures
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties and end-of-day inventory in accordance with guidelines
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and follow instructions
- Capacity to use kitchen tools safely, including knives and small equipment ware
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, as well as stand and walk for the entire length of shift, possibly in a confined space
- Manual ability to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety of foods and liquids and operate kitchen equipment
- Exposed to variable temperatures and damp environments, frequently immersing hands in water
Monday to Friday
Overtime as needed
Who We Are
Tenaya Lodge is a 4-diamond resort located just outside the south entrance to Yosemite National Park. Surrounded by beautiful trees and granite mountains, Tenaya Lodge is the perfect environment for outdoor enthusiasts with great hiking trails, waterfalls, rivers, and creeks to explore in and around Yosemite. We offer a variety of employee housing which includes meals, utilities, internet, and laundry. We also provide free mountain bike rental, weekly trips to Oakhurst, and employee discounts on lodging and services. For local candidates, we offer a commute incentive for all commutes over 50 miles one way.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply on our career site!