Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite is seeking team members with a passion for the outdoors!
Discover the great outdoors and breathtaking scenery in Yosemite National Park!
- $18.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching for a Tour Guide Driver to join our team at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite in Fish Camp, California. As a Tour Guide Driver, you will drive hotel guests or groups on sightseeing tours through places of interest, most frequently in and around Yosemite National Park, while sharing insights into points of interest and answering guests questions.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, or local law.
Tour Guide Drivers start at $18.00/hour! We offer great perks for our eligible Tenaya Lodge associates:
• Full time benefits available
• FREE Employee Housing.
• FREE meals in our Employee Dining Room.
• $20/day commuter bonus for 40+ miles, and $25/day for 50+ miles.
Experience work-life balance and grow your career in an amazing environment!
- Safely drive motor vehicles over specified routes and destinations according to time schedules to transport guests, groups, clients, etc. to establishments and tour site locations.
- Research various topics, including site history, environmental conditions, plant life, etc. in order to describe points of interest to those on the tour and respond to questions.
- Ensure proper working condition for the vehicle(s) being used for the tours/transportation. Immediately report any unsafe conditions and/or identified maintenance needs. Following daily inspection, complete and turn in the daily vehicle inspection report.
- Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as providing first aid and directing emergency evacuations.
- Remove trash and debris from the interior of the vehicle(s) at the conclusion of every tour/transport. Vacuum and detail the interior of the vehicle(s) at the conclusion of every tour/transport.
- Complete any necessary administrative paperwork such as product requisition requests, meal order forms, shift closing documents and vehicle inspection sheets.
- Assist passengers as needed, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off vehicle, ensure they are seated properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in history preferred.
- Six plus months of experience in driving with a CDL (Commercial Driver's License).
- Prior tour industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge on Yosemite National Park preferred.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License.
- Possess the ability to drive in all types of weather conditions to include but not limited to snow, sleet, rain, hail, sunshine, wind and overcast. Must be able to drive on mountain roads.
- Passenger Endorsement is required for his position.
- Constant sitting.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting of items weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Occasional crawling and lifting of items weighing over 55 lbs.
Who We Are
Tenaya Lodge is a 4-diamond resort located just outside the south entrance to Yosemite National Park. Surrounded by beautiful trees and granite mountains, Tenaya Lodge is the perfect environment for outdoor enthusiasts with great hiking trails, waterfalls, rivers, and creeks to explore in and around Yosemite. We offer a variety of employee housing which includes meals, utilities, internet, and laundry. We also provide free mountain bike rental, weekly trips to Oakhurst, and employee discounts on lodging and services. For local candidates we offer a commute incentive for all commutes over 50 miles one way.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.