The desert is hot but our drinks are cold, at Stovepipe Wells Village!!
Death Valley National Park
- STOVEPIPE WELLS, California
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 26, 2019)
Stovepipe Wells Village, located in Death Valley National Park, is one of the most peaceful and serene settings in all of the National Parks. The amazing sand dunes are within walking distance of the property and the hiking opportunities in nearby canyons are second to none.*Come and join our high-performing team at Death Valley Lodging Company where you will enjoy affordable on-site housing and meals, as well as competitive pay and benefits!*
Summary of Position:
Responsible for preparing and serving restaurant beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, in a timely and efficient manner and in compliance with all laws and regulations as well as per Company guidelines.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare drink orders for bar and restaurant per Company procedures
- Possess thorough knowledge of food and drink menu promotions and specials
- Ability to accurately and honestly handle cash and credit card transactions, tips and sales reports
- Obtain ServSafe or equivalent Certification in accordance with Company policy
- Ensure alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages are served in accordance with Federal, State,Local regulations and Company procedures
- Provide timely, courteous and professional service to all guests
- Stock and re-stock bar items, inform F&B Manager when items are running low
- Understand company ISO (Environmental & Quality) management systems, Health and Safety standards, policies, goals and initiatives and meet the specific responsibilities within these areas
- Other duties per Duties Checklist and as requested
- Excellent organizational skills, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to work a variety of day, night, weekend, holiday shifts
- Must have an eye for detail and be committed to keeping the bar clean and organized
- Excellent communication skills; ability to count change and reconcile paperwork
- Majority of shift will be spent on feet in a fast-paced environment, in close proximity to other people
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally and understand that position involves frequent bending, twisting, squatting and turning
Education and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum (1) year in a restaurant establishment
Resort/National Park Concession preferred
Death Valley Lodging is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
How to Apply
Please click "apply now" below to complete the online application and submit a resume.