Help us provide exceptional hospitality in the desert at Stovepipe Wells Village!!
Death Valley National Park
- STOVEPIPE WELLS, California
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 25, 2018)
Be an integral part of more than 3.3 million acres of desert scenery, wildlife, undisturbed wilderness and history. Home to the lowest point in the western hemisphere, Badwater at 282 feet below sea level, and bounded to the west by 11,049 foot Telescope Peak, Death Valley is a dramatic and beautiful place to work and live. Experience Stovepipe Wells in one of the best hotels in Death Valley.
Summary of Position:
Manage the activities of the housekeeping and public areas department ensuring outstanding service for resort guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training, and scheduling of all housekeeping and public area staff to ensure safe, quality and efficient operations.
- Ensure all housekeeping and public area staff uphold all departmental procedures, rules, regulations and standards.
- Monitor and develop employee performance by providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition.
- Personally inspect the facility on a daily basis including all guest rooms and public areas. Release clean rooms to the front desk in a timely manner.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with lost and found and key security procedures.
- Order and maintain an adequate inventory of guest amenities and housekeeping supplies.
- Respond to all guest requests or complaints in a timely manner.
- Communicate closely with the front desk on all guest room and public area related needs.
- Perform all administrative duties as required to successfully manage the department.
- Participate in company Manager on Duty program.
- Understand Company’s ISO management systems, policies, goals, and initiatives and meet the specific responsibilities within these areas.
- Other duties per Duties Checklist and as assigned.
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Must be able to work a variety of day, night, weekend, holiday shifts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Intermediate Computer Skills- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Hotel Management Systems
- Approximately 50% of work day will be spent outdoors with intermittent time in extreme heat seasonally
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Education and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum of 2 (two) years in the hospitality industry required
Minimum of 2 (two) years management experience required
Resort/National Park experience preferred
Competitive salary and benefits. Free housing and meals in the EDR.
SUMMER BONUS FOR WORKING THROUGH LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!
Death Valley Lodging is an Equal Opportunity Employer!!
How to Apply
To fill out the online application, click APPLY below!