Come enjoy the night skies in Death Valley National Park as the NIght Auditor
Death Valley National Park
- STOVEPIPE WELLS, California
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 18, 2018)
HELP US PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL HOSPITALITY IN THE DESERT AT STOVEPIPE WELLS VILLAGE!!
Death Valley National Park YEAR-ROUND
LOCATION: STOVEPIPE WELLS, California
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience required
START DATE: Job starts immediately!
Be an integral part of more than 3.3 million acres of desert scenery, wildlife, undisturbed wilderness and history. Home to the lowest point in the western hemisphere, Badwater at 282 feet below sea level, and bounded to the west by 11,049-foot Telescope Peak, Death Valley is a dramatic and beautiful place to work and live. Experience Stovepipe Wells by working with us every day in one of the best hotels in Death Valley. Competitive pay and benefits, affordable on-site housing AND a SUMMER BONUS FOR WORKING THROUGH LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!
Summary of Position:
Performing close of day scenarios for the Front Office while performing overnight front desk services.
- Follow all specified procedures to audit the shift closing of all front office staff, including personally closing shift three and completing an audit summary of each shift.
- Produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions.
- Follow all specified procedures to maintain and post a daily balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary reconciliations, detail transactions and final reports to accounting and profit centers.
- Balance and audit for accurate room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier’s reports, and guest and house accounts and telephone revenue, assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Balance, audit for accuracy and transmit credit card batches.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Act as Manager on Duty during overnight hours.
- Perform all Front Desk Attendant functions as required including but not limited to; assist in room reservations, guest check in/out, answering hotel phone calls, and notifying guests of messages.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security programs
- Understand Company’s ISO (Environmental & Quality) management systems, policies, goals, and initiatives and meet the specific responsibilities within these areas
- Other duties per Duties Checklist and as assigned
- This is an overnight position; employee must be able to work independently
- Present a positive image of the company in an upbeat, professional manner
- Ability to work a variety of day, night, weekend and holiday shifts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, in a positive way, with many different personality styles
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Room Master system
Knowledge and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- Minimum 3 (three) years front desk/room registration experience required
- Two years Night Auditor/Relief Night Auditor preferred
- National Park/Resort experience preferred
How to Apply
Please submit online application and attach resume if applicable