A life in the park - the best career in Death Valley!
Death Valley - Awesome desert views and star-lit skies!
- Death Valley National Park, California
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 25, 2018)
Be an integral part of more than 3.3 million acres of desert scenery, wildlife, undisturbed wilderness and history. Home to the lowest point in the western hemisphere, Badwater at 282 feet below sea level, and bounded to the west by 11,049 foot Telescope Peak, Death Valley is a dramatic and beautiful place to work and live. Experience Stovepipe Wells by working with us everyday in one of the best hotels in Death Valley.
We are currently seeking a Restaurant Manager
Oversee and lead the front house operation for the food & beverage department in both the restaurant and saloon by modeling professional and consistent behavior with a focus on supporting all staff development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for participating in the interviewing and hiring process for all restaurant positions as requested
- Ensure that all restaurant staff is trained in proper techniques and procedures according to company policy
- Create and manage weekly schedules adhering to company expectations that all staff is treated equitably and fairly
- Uphold the highest standards of professionalism when training staff on customer service expectations
- Ensure efficient and timely management of time card approvals and oversee meal and rest breaks to ensure adherence with state laws
- Follow all company policies and procedures related to employee development, coaching and performance improvement processes
- Continually improve employee relations skills by participating in required training programs
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager with front of house tasks as requested
- Understand and comply with all federal, state and local laws related to a safe and productive work environment
- Understand DVLC’s ISO management systems, policies, goals, and initiatives and meet the specific responsibilities within these areas; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service and people skills;
- Must be a strong team player and promote teamwork with all staff;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Ability to lift 25 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally and handle frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting and standing 8-10 hours/day
- Basic Computer Skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 (two) years Restaurant Management experience preferred
- Working Knowledge of POS systems and excellent cash handling skills
- Demonstrated ability to create strong teams
- Resort/ National Park experience preferred
Competitive Salary and Benefits. Free on-site housing/meals in the EDR
Stovepipe Wells Village is an equal opportunity employer!
How to Apply
Complete the online application and include your resume by clicking "APPLY" below.