Excited about Culinary? So are we. Join us in Death Valley!
Death Valley National Park
- STOVEPIPE WELLS, California
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jan 02, 2018)
Responsible and accountable for ensuring all kitchen staff is trained in proper cooking techniques and sanitation guidelines per Corporate expectations. Also responsible for coaching and mentoring all direct reports to ensure effective development of staff members. This position has 8-15 direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the menu, as set forth by the Corporate Director of F&B, and guest service expectations, as outlined in the Employee Handbook, are being met or exceeded.
- Responsible for direct leadership, coaching and mentoring of the culinary team in their respective technical responsibilities.
- Ensures culinary team is working as a cohesive unit to provide the highest level of quality and service as per the company standards.
- Directly responsible for collaborating with the F&B Manager in the accurate receipt of food and beverage orders.
- Covers the Lead cook's days off by spending dedicated time and effort ensuring operations continue to meet expectations.
- Collaborate with the F&B Manager in recruiting, interviewing and hiring of the culinary team.
- Ensures that all culinary staff is trained in proper cooking techniques, adheres to defined company recipes and understands sanitation guidelines in order to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily COGs sheets labor costs to company standards.
- Provides F&B Manager and Restaurant Manager backup as required
- Ensure compliance with operational and Corporate standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Maintain a professional image, including sanitation and cleanliness proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Understand company's Health and Safety standards, ISO management systems, policies, goals, and initiatives and meet the specific responsibilities within these areas
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to perform with the highest professional and ethical standards
- Must respond well to a changing work environment and able to perform at the highest level with minimal supervision
- Must possess strong leadership and managerial skills that include the ability to coach, develop and clearly communicate expectations
- Must have excellent analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to coach, develop
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office and familiarity with POS system functionality
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- A majority of the shift will be spent on feet in a fast-paced environment, in close proximity to other people and will involve frequent bending, twisting, squatting and lifting up to 25lbs. frequently and 50lbs. occasionally
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in hospitality, culinary or related field
- Minimum 5yrs F&B management experience
- POS experience
- ServSafe certification required