Cooks will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items. Set up workstations, including carving and omelet stations, with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment. Set up buffet tables by changing linens to ensure cleanliness, wiping down buffet and washing out hot wells, stocking buffet table and re-stocking during services. Action stations will be set up, stocked, and attended to during service. They will be broken down, cleaned, and be prepped out following service. Ability to understand, execute and complete a daily prep list. Prepare ingredients to use in cooking i.e. chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, starch cookery, salad bar prep, dressings, hot food preparation, etc. Cook food in various techniques, producing best outcomes. Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion. Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served. Keep a sanitized and orderly workstation in the kitchen by cleaning up after each task is done, wiping down workstation frequently, using clean cutting boards. Also, by wiping down the line after service and sweeping and mopping the floors and areas around your station. Ensure all food and other items are stored and rotated properly. Check quality of ingredients. Communicate needed products to Executive Chef. Assist other kitchen staff as directed by Executive Chef, including opening and closing of kitchens at start and end of season i.e. inventory, set-up, and cleaning before and after season. Cleaning includes, but not limited to, washing down the entire kitchen from the ceiling to the floors and all items in the kitchen. Coolers will be emptied, shelves will be cleaned and shut down, hood filters will be removed and cleaned, and all equipment will be scrubbed, degreased, and shut down. Dishwashers will be cleaned, de-limed, and shut down for the season as well. Any other back of house or front of house duties as may assigned.
In country H-2B workers will be considered for this position.
Kitchen Stewards will clean dishes, glasses, utensils, and food preparation equipment using dishwashing machines or by hand; maintain kitchen/dishwashing/cafeteria/storage areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition; sweeping and scrubbing floors; place clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in storage areas; sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pick up areas; stock and transfer supplies to serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, storage and work areas; take out garbage; prepare and package individual place settings; assist in the plating and dishing out of food; take food and equipment from Club storage spaces to various locations on property; clean kitchen cooking equipment and other equipment used in the stewarding department; assist with picking up dirty trays; assist with cleanliness of Club, picking up trash, sweeping and other cleaning duties as assigned. Stewards will also assist in basic food preparation as directed by Executive chef.
Housekeepers work in teams and are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the interiors of guest cabins and lodges at Dairymen’s. Housekeepers should have great stamina, a positive attitude, take pride in their work, and dedication to excellence while respecting the facilities, co-workers, and members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dusting, sweeping, mopping and washing of floors, walls, and ceilings
- Vacuuming carpets, upholstery, and any other dusty surfaces
- Dusting and cleaning of all surfaces in the kitchen, bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms and bathrooms
- Wash/put away all kitchen and dining ware
- Restocking of all paper goods and essentials
- Collect and dispose of waste and recyclables
- Make beds
- Scrubbing and sanitizing all relevant surfaces
- Handling all furniture and appliances carefully
- Place all furniture, lamps, and accessories in proper placement per supervisor
- Verify lamps/lights are working properly
- Place appropriate papers/welcome books in assigned area
- Fold towels and trash bags
- Stock carts and van for each day's work
- Maintain and organize storage areas
- Report any items in need of fixing to appropriate department
- Communicate any changes or concerns that members may have to appropriate department
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain good communication with all departments
The Dock Attendants must be friendly and welcoming as they have direct contact with Members. Knowledge of boats, motors and fishing is helpful. You must be able to back up boat trailers to launch Member private boats. You will also be responsible for the following tasks as well as any other jobs as assigned by the Maintenance Director: Assist with the installation and removal of docks, swim raft and buoys; cleaning and maintaining club boats; clean and package fish; maintain grounds around dock areas; keep bait stocked; clean minnow and sucker tanks; and help staff in other areas when needed.
Grounds keepers are responsible for maintaining the property grounds and keeping the property neat and tidy. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Blowing, raking and removing leaves and pine needles; picking up sticks and pine cones; mowing and trimming grass around the property including at the outlying lakes; cleaning and raking beach areas; blowing and cleaning roads; pulling weeds around cabins and playground areas; maintain volleyball, basketball, tennis and bocce ball courts; and any other tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
Cabin Attendants work closely with the housekeeping team. They are responsible for the disposal of garbage, stocking of wood, restocking of fireplaces, and general overall cleanliness around the outside of the cabins.
Essential Functions include:
- Collect and dispose of garbage from cabins and lodges
- Restock firewood supply to cabins
- Clean and restock fireplaces in each cabin
- Pick-up and dispose of trash or debris around cabins and lodges
- De-cobweb outside of cabins and lodges
- Wipe down outdoor seating
- Perform other outside job functions such as blowing sidewalks, sweeping porches, upkeep of grills, stocking charcoal, and washing windows and screens for cabins and lodges.
- Complete a variety of special requests such as deliver and removal of cribs, cots, highchairs, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department manager.
Dairymen's maintains an active Children's Recreation Program which is responsible for supervising and engaging children ages 5 to 15 years old in various activities that maximize the use of outdoor natural resources in physical and craft activities, along with outdoor education. These activities include but are not limited to the following: Arts and crafts; field trips; boat rides; fishing; nature hikes and walks; yard games; cookouts; any other activities or tasks as assigned.
Servers will have direct interaction with our Members so they must have a positive, friendly and welcoming demeanor. Dairymen's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in two separate lodges which may result in split shifts. Duties include, but are not limited to the following: greeting members; taking food and beverage orders; effectively communicate Member’s special dietary needs to Dining Room Manager and Chef; serving beverage and dessert orders; announcing daily specials for each meal period; table maintenance and cleanliness; clearing and scraping dishes; return clean plates and glassware to the appropriate place in the front of the house; maintaining dining room cleanliness daily by vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, wiping counters, chairs, tables and workstations; set tables for the next meal service with napkins, silverware and glassware; set up salad bar, dressings, soup, dessert and drink stations and likewise, clear and clean the same stations after each meal service; assist other members of the food and beverage team in front of house and back of house opening and closing duties including inventory, salad bar prep, stocking ice cream freezer and dessert coolers; cleaning, inventory and damage assessment before and after season of all glassware, dinnerware, silverware, serving utensils, pitchers, coffee urns, and serving trays; cleaning of reach in coolers, workstations, counters and storage areas. Working as a kitchen helper by preparing ingredients to use in cooking i.e. chopping and peeling vegetables; restocking buffets; keeping a sanitized and orderly workstation; following all required health and sanitation mandates; any other front and back of the house duties as may be assigned.
In country H-2B workers will be considered for this position.
The Front Desk Attendant is a first point of contact position for Members. They must have a warm, friendly and welcoming personality and be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Register guests, ensure reservations are correct, review rates and charges
- Answer guests questions and refer to proper department
- Answer phones
- Apparel and merchandise sales, keeping displays stocked and organized
- Fishing license sales
- Take boat, picnic, and dining reservations
- Make table signs for upcoming week and as needed
- Charge members for boat and golf cart rentals
- Complete all night closing reports, updates and reconciliations
- Process members bills, reconcile chits
- Check out members in person and in the reservation software collecting payments before they depart
- Assist other office staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include all relevant experience as well as current contact information.