Come join us for a fun season guiding bike tours on the Tongass National Forest!
We are located near the best Alaskan water, mountains, whales, bears and trails!
- Juneau, Alaska
- $17.50 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 01, 2023)
Seasonal full-time and part-time positions!
We are looking to fill a multiple positions and looking for the following availability:
May 1st to September 30th 2023 or Mid August to October 15th
Cycle Alaska is hiring Driver Guides for our 2023 summer season. We're looking for friendly and energetic people who enjoy working outdoors to share the beauty of Juneau with our Guests. As a Driver Guide, you will get the opportunity to communicate directly with guests, share information on the surrounding area while being outside and be a part of a great team here at Cycle Alaska!
You start off your day by loading up and heading down to the Cruise ship docks! You get to greet your guests and then take them on an adventure through the Tongass National Forest! Our Driver Guides have the opportunity to ride with our guests on bike lanes, paths and gravel trail. Our tours are moderately paced and include stops along the way to talk about the surrounding area.
Tours always have one person driving our van and meeting at each stopping point while the other guides will be biking along side our guests. We try to have a mix of driving and biking each day so everyone gets an opportunity to bike with our guests.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- First and foremost, upholding our Tour Mission; “We create great memories for our guests”.
- Safely drive 15 passenger van
- Ensure a safe, fun and timely tour
- Engage with guests, provide a fun and informational tour talk and be attentive to the guest's needs throughout the tour
- Give a safety talk and instructions on bike use before each tour
- Provide assistance along bike route with crossings, scenic stops, and any bike issues
- Must have had your drivers license for 6 years and a clean record for the last 3 years.
- Be able to load/unload bikes from a trailer
- Able to ride a bike for 9 miles
- Be a team player
- Bike maintenance knowledge is not required, just a love of the outdoors!