Live, work, and play in the Tongass National Forest in Juneau, Alaska!
Located on the beautiful Gastineau Channel, surrounded by mountains and glacial cut valleys!
- Juneau, Alaska
- $13.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 5 months. (May 01, 2022)
Cycle Alaska is hiring Guides for our 2022 summer season. The amazing location and scenery that comes with Guiding for Cycle Alaska offers the perfect opportunity for those looking for an adventure this summer and the joy of riding through the Tongass National Forest. We are looking for friendly, energetic, and passionate individuals to join the team. Spend your free time hiking, kayaking, fishing, and camping in some of North America’s most scenic coastline. Cycle Alaska offers tours from the beginning of May through Sept, and we are looking for someone like you.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- First and foremost, upholding our Tour Mission; “We create great memories for our guests”.
- Safely drive 15 passenger vans with a bike trailer
- Ensure a safe, fun and timely tour
- Engage with guests, provide a fun and informational tour talk and be attentive to the guests' needs throughout the tour
- Give a safety talk and instructions on bike use before each tour
- Provide assistance along bike route with crossings, scenic stops, and any bike issues
- Sometimes you will be biking as a guide!
Must have at least six years of driving experience. Must be able to load and unload bikes from a trailer, can ride a bike for nine miles, and be a team player.
*Positions starting May 1st - June 1, the season goes through October. Starting/ending dates have some flexibility. Please include your availability for a position, such as school dates.