Spend Your Free Time Skiing & Riding
Join the Team, Live the Dream!
At CBMR we live Our Dream of being “Colorado’s authentic four season mountain resort where guests connect with the land and each other.” We are passionate about this place, the land around us and our community, where we live, work and play. Find a Job, Join Our Team, Live Your Dream!
Crested Butte Mountain Resort is located in southwest Colorado, within the Gunnison National Forest and Elk Mountain Range of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The resort lies in the town of Mt. Crested Butte, there miles from the town of Crested Butte.
Jobs in the Spotlight
About Crested Butte Mountain Resort
Our friendly 1880’s Western and Victorian mountain towns are off the beaten path. We like that and so will you, if you are looking for something unpretentious, authentic and a stark contrast from the ordinary. You'll be happy you joined us in Crested Butte!
Crested Butte is best known for its historic town, the nightlife, fun, and excitement. When people think of Crested Butte words like: authentic, exciting, genuine, unpretentious, and fun come to mind over and over. Bustling with action, but laid back in attitude, Crested Butte is the perfect place to disconnect and reconnect with friends and family.
The Employee Experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
To further prioritize the health and safety of our employees and guests in response to COVID-19, we have re imagined the resort experience for the summer and winter seasons. Our approach to safety will be consistent across our family of resorts to provide you with a familiar and comfortable experience regardless of where you decide to start your Experience of a Lifetime. Click here to learn more.
EMPLOYEE PROTOCOLS & TRAINING
- All employees are required to wear a face covering and follow the company’s safety protocols and procedures at all times, including regular hand washing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Personal Protective Gear.
- Employees will receive COVID-19 protocol training from your department leaders and local Health & Safety on your first day.
- Employees will undergo daily health screenings and receive appropriate training to ensure safety.
- Employees are required to stay at home if sick.
- Employees who are off work and engaged in recreational activities on our resorts are expected to follow our requirements for masks, physical distancing, and sanitizing protocols
After visiting Crested Butte in college Caroline knew she had found a special place. From skiing with friends to taking in the ambiance of downtown, the trip was memorable and life-changing. While working in Colorado Springs, Caroline realized she had a passion for the hospitality industry and when it came to choosing a place to start her career, the fond memories of Crested Butte influenced her decision to make a move. Once here, she worked her way up to front office manager at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square. She loves that CBMR attracts individuals who want to do something different with their lives other than the status quo. “Priorities are different here” Caroline muses, “People don’t care about labels, what you drive, or what school you went to. Here, we care about what you hiked, what you skied and what adventures you’ve experienced.” Working here allows Caroline the freedom to participate in daily outdoor activities that most people have to travel hours to enjoy. She’s turned a dream vacation into a lifestyle of adventure.
Matt came to CBMR with 7 years of experience in the ski industry and applied his skills to several departments before assuming his current role as Director of Planning and Sustainability. Matt started his career here in skier services, and in doing so, found an organization he felt good about working for. From there, he worked several summer seasons in Bike Patrol and progressed into management of our Guest Services department. While he describes Bike Patrol as, “the funnest job you can have”, he loves that his current job affords him the opportunity to help create a vision for the future here at the resort. He strives to make CBMR a better place to visit and come to work. “There are lots of intangibles working for CBMR that are of great value to your personal happiness,” reflects Matt. Living and working in the Gunnison Valley gives him the ability to raise his family in a great community that places an emphasis on being outside and having fun.
Greg is originally from Fort Collins, Colorado. He grew up skiing, biking and loving the outdoors. After graduating college at CSU, Greg knew he wanted to move to Crested Butte and spend his free time skiing the steeps. He applied for a job as a lift operator, packed his bags, and drove out. He loves his job because it lets him share his passion for the outdoors with not only guests, but with people just like him who decided to pursue their passion by working at CBMR. Nowadays, when Greg isn't on the clock, working as a lift operations supervisor, you can catch him skiing big lines, riding his mountain bike, fishing his personal sweet spots or having dance parties with the rest of the lift ops crew because, "Every time I get off work it's like I'm on vacation."
We're looking for guest-focused employees who share our passions and want to work as a team, both in the resort and the community. At Crested Butte Mountain Resort, we work together to inspire a passion for adventure in our guests. We rely on each and every employee to make genuine, fulfilling connections with our guests by sharing our mountain lifestyle.
All employees are expected to be groomed and dressed in and neat and clean manner appropriate to their job. The following are some general guidelines; certain departments may have additional policies, or more restrictive policies than stated below.
- Small nose studs may be acceptable in some departments, but no other piercings should be visible.
- Tattoos should not be visible to our guests.
- Extreme hairstyles are not acceptable, including but not limited to: mohawks, dreadlocks and unnaturally dyed hair.
CBMR has many functions – In the winter, we operate a lift to access to some of the steepest terrain in North America. We run restaurants - both on-mountain and in our hotels, fine dining, casual dining, and specialty banquets. Additionally, we operate three full-service hotels and a property management business. Then, we have all of the behind-the-scenes functions of administration, vehicle maintenance, lift maintenance, property maintenance, housekeeping and laundry, to name a few. When applying for jobs, consider some of the following so that we end up with the best fit for both you and CBMR:
- Do you enjoy being outside or inside?
- Do you enjoy interacting with people, or prefer to work alone?
- Do you want to work days? Nights? Swing shift? Full-time or part-time?
- Do you have specific skills or talents you hope to use?
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for CBMR, visit our website for more information.
Room and Board
Many housing options are available in Mt. Crested Butte, Crested Butte, Crested Butte South, and Gunnison. CBMR facilitates housing for employees through private owners and managers. For more information, please visit our community page in the Employment section of our website.
DOING WHAT YOU LOVE COMES WITH GREAT BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Daily $5 employee meal in addition to other food & beverage discounts
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
- 401(k) retirement plan employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
- Access to our employee assistance program giving you 6 free face-to-face counseling sessions per issue, per year
- Training and professional development
- BIG Gear discounts with our retail partners such as Helly Hansen, GoPro and many more!
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
Getting Here and Getting Around
Distance from major centers:
- 30 miles/48 km North of Gunnison
- 230 miles/368 km southwest of Denver
- 90 miles/ 114 km northeast of Montrose
- 197 miles/315 km West of Colorado Springs
- Gunnison/Crested Butt Airport (GUC) (31 miles)
- Montrose Airport (MTJ) (96 miles)
- Denver International Airport (250 miles- bus service available from Gunnison to Denver once a day)
Getting Around Once Here:
- A free bus service is available throughout the valley!
- The Mountain Express also offers a free shuttle between the Mountain and the town of Crested Butte.
Crested Butte and the Gunnison Valley are home to exciting events, intense skiing and boarding, challenging biking, and raging river rapids. Our legendary steeps and awesome flats make outdoor adventures possible all year! In town you'll experience a unique mountain community with great restaurants, a thriving artist community, as well as great live entertainment. Have you packed your bags yet? Get here and experience all CB has to offer!
- Horseback Riding
- River Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Back Country Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Snow Biking
How to Apply
Learn more about us, explore our complete list of job openings and apply online!