Competitive Salary, Private Furnished Manager's Cabin, and a 2-minute walkable commute!!
90 minutes NE of Phoenix Arizona at 5800ft in the mountains and tall pines of Tonto National Forest
- Payson, Arizona
- $40.00 - $50.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Creekside Cabins, Tavern & Tours in the tall mountain ponderosa pines of Tonto National Forest, nestled right below the Mogollon Rim in Payson, AZ is looking for a General Manager to join and lead our restaurant, lodging and tour team. We are a young and hungry company wanting to grow and build an amazing atmosphere for our guests and employees!
As our General Manager you will be out in front as the face of our establishment but also behind the scenes working closely with our Department Heads helping to foster a healthy and fun environment for everyone. Meeting guests and helping them with their needs and forging relationships with our many repeat customers.
Come and be part of something that can you can be proud of!
- Achieves budgeted labor costs and guest service scores
- Participates and provides input towards food and beverage marketing activities
- Adheres to proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures
- Attends and participates in weekly food and beverage meeting and department leader meetings
- Supervises and directs all aspects of the Restaurant, Bar, and catering
- Ensures that the entire guest experience (quality, sanitation, service, etc.) meets or exceeds established standards
- Identifies current and future guest services and formulates plans and actions to achieve
- Assigns, directs, supervises, and trains staff in the proper methods of food and beverage service
- Collects and analyzes information concerning facility operations such as daily food and beverage sales, guest attendance, and labor costs to prepare a budget, maximize sales and maintain cost control
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facility and ensures all health and safety regulations are adhered to
- Inspects dining room to ensure all quality and service standards are followed
- Maintains food and beverage ambiance by inspecting and monitoring service stations, table linen, floors, seating, lighting, and music
- Observes and directs Associate presentation for compliance with uniform and appearance standards
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints
- Assists in competitive pricing and menu changes in Restaurant, Tavern, and conference/banquet operations
- Operates the facilities within the established budget(s)
- Ensures Associates serve alcohol responsibly
- Maintains guest check audits
- Spot checks to ensure proper check handling procedures
- Notifies Engineering of any facility maintenance needs through work orders
- Ensures proper sanitation of all areas
- Implements and ensures compliance of all alcohol controls
- Other duties standard to General Manager Responsibilities
- Manages all day to day operations for assigned location and staff.
- Establishes tone for property. Ensures the safety and protection of property, guests and employees.
- Resolves guest and employee concerns tactfully and in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper implementation of sanitation procedures, conduct inspections, and ensure proper repair and maintenance of all equipment, buildings, and operations.
- Works with People & Culture to assist with employee transfers, promotions, coaching, disciplinary action, terminations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations regarding liquor, sanitation, payroll, employment, and EEO.
- Conducts daily inspection of rooms, public areas and all location departments for cleanliness, safety and operations efficiency.
- Verify and prepare reports as required and provide and administer an effective system for cash, inventory, and payroll.
- Build and maintain positive customer and client relations by providing efficient, quality service.
- Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of the management team and oversee supervision of associates.
- Be a utility GM who can complete a variety of job duties
- Develop and maintain a full social media marketing strategy through Google Business, AirBnB, TripAdvisor, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Manage maintenance and required upgrades of cabins.
- We are launching a brand new jeep and adventure truck segment of the Creekside Cabins & Tavern experience.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of day to day operations. Hiring, training, employee and customer management, implementing tour booking system, managing marketing and social media, managing maintenance, safety checks and upkeep of vehicles.
Compensation is $40-$50 per hour for the right candidate. Housing for this position is a furnished one bedroom condo on-site. (No driving!)
The work week consists of 45-55 hours with 2 consecutive days off, 1 free meal per shift and the power to write your own schedule!
Christopher Creek is a hidden gem of Northern Arizona with cool Summer temperatures, tons of hiking, biking, world-class trout fishing. There are an endless variety of adventures to explore and enjoy during time off!