Summer Theatre @ 9,000ft: Seeking Childcare Provider
One of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit! Walk out of the Theatre right onto the trail!
- Creede, Colorado
- $550.00 - $550.00 / week
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 08, 2023)
Position: Childcare Provider
Reports to: Education Director
Type: Full Time. Seasonal. Non-Exempt.
Compensation: $550/wk minimum; overtime for all hours over 40/wk paid at 1.5 times the current CO minimum wage
Housing: Provided at no cost
Start Date: May 8, 2023
End Date: September 3, 2023
The Childcare Provider for Creede Repertory Theatre is responsible for supporting the department in the implementation of CRT’s educational programming, specifically as it relates to CRT-provided childcare, as well as working with Education staff to maintain meaningful relationships with young people and families, and working directly with CRT’s Education Director to create childcare schedules and trainings.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
- Experience working with children ages 0-5.
- Experience creating schedules.
- A background in theatre, education, theatre education, and/or early childhood learning.
- A background in preschool and infant childcare a plus.High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and calmly.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to communicate with staff, company members, students, and parents in person, by phone, and via email.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- English fluency required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Education Director in the scheduling, supervising, and evaluation of CRT’s childcare program.
- Provide or supervise childcare for members of the seasonal and full-time company when needed during rehearsals, performances, shop hours, and/or office hours.
- Work with Education Staff to develop and implement age-appropriate programming for young people ages 0-5.
- Participate in all company meetings, production meetings, design meetings, special company functions, publicity functions, and/or other meetings or events as required by CRT.
- Commit to CRT’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Initiative. Be an active participant in formal trainings and/or communal learning opportunities, as required. Contribute to a respectful and inclusive environment in every aspect of your work.
- Adhere to CRT’s community values of Artistry, Grit, Intentionality, and Community.
- Participate in safety and emergency response training as required by CRT.
- Adhere to, and assist in the enforcement of, CRT’s safety protocols and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Members of CRT’s Education staff must complete a criminal background check and CPR training at CRT’s expense.
Creede Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants from historically excluded communities to apply.
Applications must be received by February 27th, 2023. Applications will be reviewed by March 13th, 2023.