Great Perks With This Position!
Crater Lake National Park
- Crater Lake, Oregon
- $10.75 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Apr 25, 2018)
Summary: The Residence Coordinator and Custodian provides a clean and safe living environment for Crater Lake’s residents. Assists with setting the tone for the residents as they adapt to their new life at Crater Lake. Assists with the implementation of HR policies and procedures as they pertain to living in Company housing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats all residents as internal guests.
- Communicates with all residents in a calm, positive, and professional manner at all times.
- Maintains thorough cleanliness of the dorm public areas including:
- Daily sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, sanitizing, window washing, etc.
- Daily cleaning of trash and recycling areas to keep them safe and free of wildlife attractants.
- Daily grounds keeping within 100 feet of building(s) to keep them free of litter and wildlife attractants.
- Daily cleaning and restocking in bathrooms (including toilets and urinals), shower rooms (Rim Dorm only), kitchens, TV areas, laundry rooms.
- Weekly deep cleaning projects.
- Maintains clean, organized workspaces including janitorial supply closets and office area.
- Uses chemicals and cleaning tools appropriate to the task.
- Reports all cleaning or office supply needs to Housing Manager in a timely manner so as to avoid running out of a product.
- Assists with all procedures and cleaning related to opening the dorms for the summer season.
- Assists with all procedures and cleaning related to closing and winterizing the dorms in the fall.
- Ensures that all residents thoroughly clean their room before departing Crater Lake.
- Assists with linens distribution, organization, collection, and storage.
- Assists with uniform distribution, organization, collection, and storage.
- Reports all maintenance requests to Housing Manager in a timely manner.
- Participates with management in regular room inspections for fire, life, and safety issues.
- Performs daily walkthroughs of common areas to inspect for fire, life, safety, and maintenance issues.
- Participates with management in regular National Park Service (NPS) building inspections. Addresses any cleanliness issues found during inspections.
- Attends to all resident needs, including lockouts and any other issues that may arise throughout the shift.
- Reports all daily activity, task completion, notable events, etc. to HR Manager, Housing Manager, co-RC, and Location Management in RC Daily Log submitted via email at the end of each shift. Reports all resident issues and non-compliance with Company policies in RC Daily Log.
- Addresses all policy issues directly with resident(s) as they occur, including: possession of alcohol in dorm common areas, smoking within 25 feet of any door or window, etc.
- Acts as HR liaison in Company housing.
- Communicates all issues to Housing Manager or HR Manager in a timely manner.
- Enforces dorm Quiet Hours by addressing any noise issues or complaints. Reports repeat Quiet Hours offenders to Housing Assistant in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Develops and maintains an open and positive relationship with NPS Law Enforcement Rangers and Concessions Management representatives to ensure the safety of all residents.
- Calls 9-911 immediately for any medical or safety-related emergency; immediately follows with a call to HR Manager and/or Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Reports any illegal activity to NPS; follows report with a call to HR Manager and/or MOD; this includes reporting any unauthorized visitors in the dorm(s) per NPS’ Trespassing Law, reporting minor(s) in possession of alcohol, reporting illegal drug use, etc.
- Develops and maintains an open and positive relationship with Night Coordinator(s) to ensure the safety of all residents and adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Cooperates with the Recreation Coordinator in any dorm-based activities. Assists with any communications to the residents as they relate to the Recreation Department.
- Performs all administrative duties, including checking voicemail and responding to emails, in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all duties with consideration of the Company’s environmental commitment.
- Adheres to Company uniform and appearance standards at all times, including wearing a nametag and appropriate footwear.
- Performs all duties in a safety conscious manner. Maintains a safe workplace. Reports all safety issues or potentially hazardous situations in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned with positivity and professionalism.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications, Experience, Physical Demands:
- First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Valid US driver’s license and good driving record preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with no supervision required.
- Previous experience in National Parks or seasonal hospitality highly preferred.
- Previous experience as dormitory monitor or in janitorial role preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Physically able to:
- Repeatedly lift up to 40 pounds
- Walk up and down stairs repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Repeatedly bend and reach as needed for cleaning duties.
- Perform outdoor duties in various weather conditions.
- Work at various times of the day or night as required.
- Work with various cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Work in dusty and dirty areas in non-air conditioned building(s).
This position includes free housing and meals!
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button below.