Union Creek Lodge is hiring an Executive Chef!
An opportunity in Oregon not to miss!
- year round
- Prospect, Oregon
- up to $70,000.00 / year
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jan 02, 2024)
This is a year-round position that offers benefits. This role does not offer housing.
The Executive Chef is a management position overseeing chef managers as well as hourly culinary staff, responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
- Ensures culinary production appropriately connects to the Executional Framework
- Ensures proper culinary standards and techniques are in place for preparation of food items, including production, presentation, and service standards
- Manages a culinary team, including chef managers and hourly staff, to ensure quality in final presentation of food
- Train and manage culinary and kitchen employees to use best practice food production techniques
- Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how it is to be achieved
- Reward and recognize employees
- Plan and execute team meetings and daily huddles
- Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data
- Assist with F&B recruiting during off season
- Planning and submittals of menus for NPS approval
- Develop and maintain effective client and guest rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships
- Interact directly with guests daily
- Aggregate and communicate regional culinary and ingredient trends
- Responsible for delivering food and labor targets
- Consistent focus on margin improvement; understanding performance metrics, data, order, and inventory trends
- Ensure efficient execution and delivery of all culinary products in line with the daily menu
- Maintain integrity of the standard Aramark food offer; responsible for always maintaining food quality and safety of items
- Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through managing customer driven menus and labor standards
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Requires at least 4 years of culinary experience
• At least 2 years in a management role preferred
• Requires a culinary degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to simplify the agenda for the team
• Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
• This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems.
• Requires oral, reading, and written communication skills
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.