Server at Beckie's Cafe at Union Creek Resort - go for Crater Lake, but stop for the PIE!
Union Creek and the Wild & Scenic Rogue River, hiking trails amongst 700-year-old Douglas Fir trees
- Prospect, Oregon
- $15.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About Beckie's Cafe at Union Creek Resort
Serving since 1926, Beckie’s Café is famous for good reason: delicious, home-style food, great service, an awesome location just minutes from Crater Lake National Park, and our celebrated Beckie’s pies, made fresh daily. It’s also a historic destination as Beckie’s – and Union Creek Resort – are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner 365 days a year, Beckie’s features both traditional and unique meals and appetizers for any time of day. Breakfast features country-fried steak, sirloin steak and eggs, biscuits and country gravy, hearty omelets (try The Rogue – sausage diced with sautéed onion, bell peppers, melted cheese, and smothered in gravy), and hot cakes and French toast from the grill. For lunch and dinner, we serve a variety of soups and salads, burgers and sandwiches, baskets, and full entrees – including rib-eye steak, ground sirloin steak with sautéed mushrooms, and onions, pork chops, and more.
What does a server do at Beckie's?
The Server is responsible for taking customer orders and serving food and beverage according to customer requests. The Server should provide general customer service within the dining establishment as well as raise and/or resolve any issues as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
What is a work week like?
• Serves food and beverage to guests according to guests orders and/or banquet menu
• Maintains knowledge of menu items and all other offerings
• Maintains appearance and cleanliness of food service areas
• Replenishes food and beverage product
• Adheres to all alcohol service policies and safe drinking guidelines including checking guests’ identification
• Provides excellent customer service, anticipating guests’ needs
• Breaks down and cleans/sanitizes food service areas, workstations, and equipment
• Maintains a positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Who are we looking for?
• Previous experience as a server or in food service role preferred
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
• Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
• Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).