Love Horses....Love to Ride, Join our Team
CR Summit is a 76 acre ranch located about 20 +/- minutes from downtown Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 29, 2020)
Equestrian Interns: Have Western and/or English riding experience? Have some rodeo eventing aka barrel and pole bending experience as well? Enjoy teaching youth and adult riders about horses, horsemanship, and riding? Want an opportunity to ride and improve your riding skills? Then our equestrian position may be perfect for you! With this summer and/or fall program you will be right in the middle of the action! ….. herding/grooming/saddling horses, teaching youth and adult riders horsemanship from proper tack - riding, ground schooling horses, leading trail ride and assist with coaching our Best of The West Barrel Riding Team.
May 29 - June 30: Horse schooling, ranch prep work, & riding activities - 4 +/- hrs per day Monday-Friday
July 1 - August 14: Monday - Thursdays 8am-1pm + Thursday evenings 5 - 9pm (6/11-8/14), Fridays and/or Saturdays 9-12pm, as needed
*Must have Riding Experience, some Instruction and/or Lead Trail Riding; Barrel & Pole Pending Experience a plus!
"The mountains are calling and I must go..." for more than just a weekend! Join a growing, fast-paced team of hardworking, passionate, and adventurous individuals who strive to improve themselves and the Ranch every day.
Our mission at CR Summit is to offer guests and employees the true horsemanship experience. Our motto is "Be a Rider, Not a Passenger". Our niche is providing instruction "private & semi private" plus instruction prior and during private group trail riding.
Being part of our team you will experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your riding and ranch skills in a panoramic ranch setting. By joining the team, you'll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make our Ranch an unsurpassed local and guest horsemanship experience.
Principal Purpose of Job: To assist in all Horsemanship, Riding & Ranch Activities by offering outstanding local and visiting guest horsemanship services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all daily equine operations to provide the very best in local and visiting guest services and safety to our guests.
- Consistently provide exceptional guest experiences
- Enjoy working with kids and adults
- Assist in daily care and maintenance of horses
- Able and willing to cross-train in a variety of riding disciplines
- Assist in on-going schooling of horses. Safely and effectively handle horses and able to instruct guests to do the same.
- Ability to effectively share with guests horse safety, care, tack and horsemanship.
- Actively involved with program development through personal experiences.
- Report and aid repair of unsafe conditions throughout the Ranch.
- Be an ambassador for the Ranch in promoting it at the ranch and in town
- Assist with all aspects of hay harvesting; bucking (60-65lb) & stacking bales when hay for fall arrives
- Assist with manure collection in pens and disposal
Other Duties: As needed and assigned by the supervisor.
- Outgoing, friendly & responsible with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegates, and alters priorities at short notice.
- Works well in both a team and as an individual. Enhances work efficiency of co-workers.
- Motivated & mature with the ability to remain calm in all situations without direct supervision.
- Horse care and riding experience a must
- Able to work a flexible and unpredictable schedule.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
Drug Free Work Environment: We are a drug-free work environment and will conduct initial and random drug testing throughout the season.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Horsemanship Experience: Prior experience in horsemanship, riding, instruction/trail leading, barrel & pole bending; etc.
Special Skills/Equipment: Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
How to Apply