Join our team at Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina on Lake Mohave
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 21, 2018)
Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We have it all; your job, housing, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
At Forever Resorts we believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business. You can expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done.
MOTEL / RV PARK FRONT DESK CLERK
General Purpose: Responsible for providing quality services to all guests and visitors and to do everything in their power to ensure that guests are satisfied with their stay
- Greet guests with or without reservations for lodging and register them in a timely manner
- Provide professional and courteous service to park visitors
- Perform opening and closing functions of the Motel/RV Park front desk
- Accurately follow cash handling procedures
- Operate a switchboard and answer calls with proper business telephone procedure and etiquette
- Resolve guest relation problems skillfully with a willingness and desire to understand a guest's viewpoint and make any necessary adjustments so that the guest is satisfied when they leave
- Understand and convey Motel policy and procedures to co-workers and guests
- Knowledge and ability to learn and follow all company and property safety and environmental policies/procedures and rules/regulations (ISO, EMS, HAZ COM)
- Overtime as required during the season, June through November
- All other duties as assigned
Marginal Job Functions:
- Have knowledge and advise guests of facilities, services, and areas of interest available on the resort and in the general area
Qualifications & Skills Required to Perform Job Duties:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to understand and implement basic math skills / bookkeeping skills
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instruction as well as being flexible and open to changes in procedure
- Willingness to help in all areas of the department when needed (accounting, cashiering, housekeeping)
- Valid driver's license
Physical Requirements to Perform Job Duties:
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift without sitting down
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Housekeeping - bending and stretching
- Working with required chemicals
- Working in extreme heat if necessary
Education and /or Experience Required to Perform Job Duties:
- High School Diploma / GED (or acceptable experience)
- Related experience working with the public
We want to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. We offer single occupancy, dormitory style housing for a nominal fee as well as discounted RV sites should you bring an RV. Approximately one hour south of Las Vegas, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is conveniently located in the middle of the 67-mile long Lake Mohave on the Colorado River making us a central hub for leisure and relaxation in the desert.
Forever Resorts in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Forever Resorts' Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is an authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required. (EOE)