Join Our Team At Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina on Lake Mohave
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 17, 2018)
Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We have it all; your job, housing, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
At Forever Resorts, we believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business. You can expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done.
We want to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. We offer single occupancy, dormitory-style housing for a nominal fee as well as discounted RV sites should you bring an RV. Approximately one hour south of Las Vegas, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is conveniently located in the middle of the 67-mile long Lake Mohave on the Colorado River making us a central hub for leisure and relaxation in the desert.
General Purpose: To provide customer service and assistance in the form of retail sales and services.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service (Greet all customers with a smile & eye contact)
- Accept monies for purchases and ring into cash register
- Identify the correct amount of money and form of payment for merchandise
- Keep shelves, counters, floor, and reach-ins clean and properly arranged with correct merchandise
- Keep supply areas clean, inventoried, and merchandise ready for display
- Mark all items for sale with proper pricing and account codes
- Prevent shrinkage by remaining on the store floor when customers are present to prevent shoplifting
- Count daily receipts and prepare cashier deposits
- Provide information to customers regarding resort, resort activities, and general area
- Overtime as required during the season, June thru November
- All other duties as assigned
Other Duties / Responsibilities:
- Required to perform work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and to report any deviations of environmental policy to an immediate supervisor
- Required to be aware of and participate, where necessary, in the achievement of environmental objectives and implementation of the environmental management system
Qualifications & Skills Required to Perform Job Duties:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communication
- Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures including verifying the legitimacy of the form of payment
- Ability to operate cash register, count money, and make correct change
- Must be 21 years of age in order to sell alcoholic beverages
- Ability to qualify for and responsible for applying for and purchasing TAM and Health cards as required by the state of Nevada
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in ISO/EMS Awareness and/or Hazard Communications
Physical Requirements to Perform Job Duties:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand continuously in one spot for several hours without sitting
- Bending, squatting and reaching
- Ability to spend up to a 1/2 hour in the ice house or walk-in freezer in below freezing temperatures
Education and/or Experience Required to Perform Job Duties:
- High School Diploma / GED (or acceptable experience)
- Minimum of one year experience as a cashier in a retail setting.
Forever Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Forever Resorts' Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is an authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required. (EOE)