Join our team at Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina on Lake Mohave
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Searchlight, Nevada
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 03, 2018)
Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We have it all; your job, housing, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
At Forever Resorts we believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business. You can expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done.
The maintenance staff performs and assists with routine maintenance and repairs of all building structures and systems, vehicles and grounds.
- Performs and/or assists maintenance manager daily with maintenance on building facilities.
- Complete repairs and routine maintenance properly and promptly
- Analyze assigned tasks and check that the proper tools and materials are on hand and sufficient to complete work; notify manager of any tools, parts or materials to be ordered
- Follow all applicable safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Operate equipment and machinery as needed to complete assigned tasks
- Perform carpentry work including, but not limited to, repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing, and any other work pertaining to wood structures
- Perform plumbing, heating and air conditioning work, including but not limited to, repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, and toilet facilities
- Perform electrical work including, but not limited to, repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches and disconnecting wiring
- Perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools
- Maintains records of work assignments
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clean and organize maintenance office area
- Paint various facility structures including but not limited to building interior/exterior walls, fire extinguisher boxes, and marina docks as needed
- On call for collaboration with maintenance staff to provide input
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English to read and follow service manuals, service bulletins to complete repairs, interpret engineering plans, designs and instructional diagrams and to follow instructions
- Knowledge and understanding of painting, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- Knowledge and ability to learn and follow all company and property safety and environmental policies/procedures and rules/regulations (i.e. ISO, EMS, and HAZ COM)
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely
- Ability to work on-call as needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently on a daily basis
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions/extremes
- Perform physical and manual labor - bend, squat, kneel, turn, and stoop repetitively or stand/remain upright, walk on concrete and other unpaved surfaces for entire shift
- Use electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC repair tools and equipment
- Use a ladder and/or climb stairs
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School diploma, GED, or acceptable work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in general maintenance, construction, or related area
We want to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. We offer single occupancy, dormitory style housing for a nominal fee as well as discounted RV sites should you bring an RV. Approximately one hour south of Las Vegas, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is conveniently located in the middle of the 67-mile long Lake Mohave on the Colorado River making us a central hub for leisure and relaxation in the desert.
Forever Resorts in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Forever Resorts' Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is an authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required. (EOE)