Join our team at Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina on Lake Mohave
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 01, 2018)
Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We have it all; your job, housing, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
At Forever Resorts we believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business. You can expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done.
Snack Bar Clerk
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of restaurant menu and daily specials and be able to give full descriptions of food and beverage items and know full product details including allergy information
- Work with kitchen staff to coordinate and collect orders efficiently
- Possess strong cashier skills - handling cash and credit cards, providing guests with correct change, balancing register before and after shift
- Check identification of customers to make sure they meet the legal alcohol age requirements
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of Cafe at all times
- Work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Handle guest complaints in a polite and professional manner
- May be required to work at special functions serving and keeping food and beverage areas stocked, setting up and breaking down chairs, tables, buffets, etc.
- Maintain a positive attitude in high-stress situations
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Overtime as required during season, May thru October
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communication
- Ability to qualify for health, TAM, or other government required cards, classes, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age in order to sell alcoholic beverages
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures including verifying legitimacy of form of payment
- Ability to read and write in English & interpret documents such as safety, Nevada alcohol regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Able to squat, bend, kneel, reach and stand for several hours without sitting
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School diploma/ GED or acceptable experience
- Minimum one to two years of serving/cashier experience in a food service environment
We want to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. We offer single occupancy, dormitory style housing for a nominal fee as well as discounted RV sites should you bring an RV. Approximately one hour south of Las Vegas, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is conveniently located in the middle of the 67-mile long Lake Mohave on the Colorado River making us a central hub for leisure and relaxation in the desert.
Forever Resorts in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Forever Resorts' Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is an authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required. (EOE)