Join Our Team at Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina on Lake Mohave.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 05, 2018)
Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We have it all; your job, housing, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
At Forever Resorts we believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business. You can expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done.
Motel / Houseboat Housekeeper
General Purpose: Housekeepers are responsible for efficient and thorough cleaning of Motel rooms, VIP Trailer, Cove Suite, Meeting Room, Admin Office, and Houseboats, while maintaining inventory of all housekeeping related equipment and supplies.
- Motel - Clean rooms according to daily room reports; Proceed to vacant rooms first unless other assignments are made by manager; Strip linen, remove trash and recycling, dust, wipe down surfaces, check all drawers for lost and found, vacuum, clean windows/mirrors, clean out refrigerator, and clean/sanitize bathroom and surrounding area
- Houseboats - Thoroughly clean houseboats in preparation for rental; assist customers with specific requests; Check required inventory (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) and restock and missing items; Complete required checklists and make sure they are signed and dated
- Notify manager of any repair/maintenance items
- Report any lost and found or missing articles to manager immediately
- Required to perform work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and report any deviations of environmental policy to a manager
- Overtime as required during the season, May thru October
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills Required to Perform Job Duties:
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and techniques
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to complete work-related forms
- Capable of prioritizing and completing tasks with minimal supervision
Physical Requirements to Perform Job Duties:
- Must be able to stand, squat, bend, kneel, and reach for long periods of time
- Must be able to life 25 - 50 lbs.
- Work in extreme heat or cold
- Work with required chemicals
Education and/or Experience Required to Perform Job Duties:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of how to read product labels and MSDA sheets
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred
We want to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. We offer single occupancy, dormitory-style housing for a nominal fee as well as discounted RV sites should you bring an RV. Approximately one hour south of Las Vegas, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is conveniently located in the middle of the 67-mile long Lake Mohave on the Colorado River making us a central hub for leisure and relaxation in the desert.
Forever Resorts in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Forever Resorts' Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is an authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required. (EOE)