Join Our Team at Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina on Lake Mohave.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 05, 2018)
Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We have it all; your job, housing, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
At Forever Resorts we believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business. You can expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done.
Motel/RV Park Manager
General Purpose: To operate and oversee the Motel (VIP Trailer, Cove Suite, Meeting Room, Nightly Boat Slip Rentals, and off-season Boat Rentals) as well as RV overnight and monthly site rentals.
- Supervises and personally takes reservations over the phone and at the counter
- Blocks rooms and RV site numbers and completes folios for reservations
- Checks guests into the motel and RV sites
- Handles customer complaints and comments
- Oversees cash controls of motel department
- Oversees and inspects housekeeping and maintenance in all motel entities and RV Park areas
- Schedules Motel Staff / RV Staff (Camp Host)
- Holds weekly staff meetings and attends monthly Managers Meetings
- Trains front desk and housekeeping personnel in daily procedures
- Abide by and enforce all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management program policies and procedures
- Understand and follow MOD (manager on duty) and HAZWOPER training
- Overtime as required during the season, June thru November
- All other duties as assigned
Marginal Job Functions:
- Answers phones in the office and directs calls to appropriate department
- Advise guest and have knowledge of facilities, services, and areas of interest available to the resort and in the general lake area
- Requisitions needed supplies
- Supervise motel staff
Qualifications & Skills Required to Perform Job Duties:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills – Cobalt, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of budget and P&L statements as they apply to overnight accommodations
- Extensive knowledge of NPS regulations regarding site rental in RV Park
- Basic knowledge of maintenance requirements
- Willingness to help in all areas of the department
Physical Requirements to Perform Job Duties:
- Standing for up to 8 hours per shift
- Housekeeping – bending and stretching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Education and/or Experience Required to Perform Job Duties:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 2 years experience in an office setting preferably with motel front desk/reservation experience
We want to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. We offer single occupancy, dormitory-style housing for a nominal fee as well as discounted RV sites should you bring an RV. Approximately one hour south of Las Vegas, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is conveniently located in the middle of the 67-mile long Lake Mohave on the Colorado River making us a central hub for leisure and relaxation in the desert.
Forever Resorts in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.
Forever Resorts' Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is an authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service - Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required. (EOE)